My biggest drop to date made the evening news :)

Old October 11th 03, 11:54 PM
Sofa

Default My biggest drop to date made the evening news :)

Well, after a newspapershot of our club with seven riders at the event
having only a pic of two of them, 2 of us in the paper for the Terry Fox
run, me running behind the uni (i just bailed from a one footer), things
finally worked out.

I didn't measure it, but it is 4+ feet for sure. (I'll find out for
sure though) It was a little trickier than my last 'biggest drop' as I
had to make sure I cleared the 'steps'

Anyways, we were doing a show at the Children's museum, and this drop
maded the evening news (although this is not the news video, and is
actually a different jump, both looked the same though)

It's nice seeing yourself on TV acheiving a personal best

'3.4MB quicktime' (http://www.londonunicyclingclub.ca/museumDrop.MOV)

--
Sofa - King of TUni

'You're perfect Sofa!' - Scott (via 'Michael Moore'
(http://www.hardylaw.net/Truth_About_Bowling.html) parser )
Sofa's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/706

Old October 12th 03, 01:19 AM
U-Turn

Nice one, Sofa!

--
U-Turn - Small fish, big pond

Weep in the dojo... laugh in the battlefield.

'Strongest Coker Wheel in the World'

-- Dave Stockton

Old October 12th 03, 01:41 AM
nick

nice work!

--
nick - jerk on one wheel

later,

nick cegelka

nicklikesfire : AIM

: alternate email

http://www.extreme.unicyclist.com : new and improved, sort of
nick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/349

Old October 12th 03, 03:22 AM
uni57

::'We saluuuuute you!' (http://tinyurl.com/qdcu):: (Yes we do)

Dave Lowell (uni57)

\"pick up your balls and load up your cannon
for a twenty-one gun salute\"

--
uni57 - David C. Lowell

'Tis the season to be MUni...
uni57's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2085

Old October 13th 03, 11:08 AM
andrew_carter

Nice drop! I did my biggest (pretty much my first actually) drop down
stairs yesterday. It was a sidehop down a steep set of 6...great fun,
but I can't imagine how people could even consider doing 13!

Andrew

--
andrew_carter - http://www.thehungersite.com

andrew_carter (at) mail (dot) com
http://www.unicycles.com.au - Opening soon!
I love unicycling!

Old October 13th 03, 02:53 PM
Sofa

nice one, it takes a bunch of courage to do that very first 'landing on
stairs' drop. a 3" tire adds heaps of courage, mind you.

Old October 14th 03, 02:12 AM
UNI GUY

AWESOME Brian, You can only go bigger from there

--
UNI GUY - UNICYCLING OBSESSED
UNI GUY's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4084

Old November 10th 03, 12:38 PM
XWonka

Oh Sofa, you've made me the proudest mother ever!

wait a second...

--
XWonka - Hey. Mind if I ELECTROCUTE YOU?

McDonalds Happens
XWonka's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3957