Riding the crab cycle

Old January 21st 06, 02:55 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default Riding the crab cycle

I put up a short clip of me riding...
Sorry it was getting dark and its tilted 90 degrees.
(My wife and I are learning how to use the camera )

http://www.tux.org/~bagleyd/crab.html

Hopefully I will update it soon.

So far I have also rode it in a figure 8.

The crab cycle is set to ride to the left. Pedaling backwards
and riding to the right still seems difficult for me.
Currently learning how to idle... it seems easier idling with the
right foot down and has a feel of a rola bola.

--
uw
uw's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2186

Old January 21st 06, 02:59 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

How do you ride that thing?

--
dudewithasock

'My Unicycling Journal'
officially ended - currently in the process of preparing it for my free
webspace.

'MR - Reply 40,000' (http://tinyurl.com/dwwy5)
dudewithasock's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10900

Old January 21st 06, 04:23 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Wow! Cheers to you!

I saw you practicing at Grant's Tomb. I was sure it was impossible to
ride. It is great to see your able to ride the Crab unicycle,
Congratulations!

Thank you for the video.. It's good to see you again!

--
Chrashing

Regards,
Ken
Chrashing's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7501

Old January 21st 06, 05:04 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Wow. That has to be one of the most difficult unicycles imaginable.

--
jsm

Help edit the Unicyclopedia!
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/The_Unicyclopedia

"wish i could be in a signature...*sigh*" -chosen
jsm's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6911

Old January 21st 06, 11:16 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

only three letters wtf

--
dan de man
dan de man's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11403

Old January 22nd 06, 10:03 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I got a better video now...

Same site as before... http://www.tux.org/~bagleyd/crab.html

It took me 3 months to ride it so I did not need a fence... I say I
practiced about every other day for about an hour. By comparison the
double wheel took me about 3 weeks.

I normally bring it to Grants tomb in NYC... we meet the first Sunday
3rd Saturday (1-5PM http://www.newyorkunicycle.com/ )

The crab cycle was built by Tom Miller. With Tom's blessing, I plan to
put all his drawings and photos of how it was built at the same site as
the video. By the way, I recently put some new color pictures at Tom's
site http://www.tux.org/~bagleyd/unicycle_factory

David

Old January 22nd 06, 10:07 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

haha thats great i want to ride it, maybe quite hard to see where ur
going though

--
unicycleboy

www.unicycleboy.unicyclist.com

I Feel Like a Wog
unicycleboy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/399

Old January 22nd 06, 10:09 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Do you have a direct link to the video? I can't seem to find it....

Never mind, I got it somehow.

Looks dangerous!

--
forrestunifreak

'My gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/bbf9x)

www.seattlebikesupply.com

Old January 22nd 06, 10:19 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

yeah i cant find the video... it lopks disgusting though

Chase

--
Unitik908

All hail the exhaulted Sigpoose, for he is forever king...
R.I.P Unibiker
R.I.P Gazzaloddi
R.I.P Paul Hester
R.I.P James Doohan
R.I.P Mitch Hedberg
R.I.P Peter Jennings
R.I.P Pope John Paul II
R.I.P James_Potters_Cat
YAMS

-last edited by the dave and sigpoose on 2005-09-05 at 08:56 pm -

Old January 22nd 06, 10:40 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Even after I watched the movie, I don't believe it is possible. Is it
possible to freemount? Can you ride it to the right also?
Oh, the link is http://www.tux.org/~bagleyd/images/crab.mov

--
excaliber906

~Stephen McKay

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

*Unitam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant.*
excaliber906's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8933

Cycle Safety Quizz Bertie Wiggins UK 16 October 10th 05 07:51 PM
Free cycle training at the cycle show John Hearns UK 0 October 8th 05 10:24 PM
Super Trick Cycle levels David Stone Unicycling 24 May 16th 05 12:09 AM
Helmets Vivian UK 460 April 28th 04 09:38 PM
FAQ Just zis Guy, you know? UK 27 September 5th 03 10:58 PM