Clarkson pie-eyed

Old September 12th 05, 06:45 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

Default Clarkson pie-eyed

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/o...re/4235742.stm *

Clarkson pied at degree ceremony. Couldn't happen to a nicer
feller...

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken
Old September 12th 05, 07:18 PM
Mike Hibbert

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/o...re/4235742.stm

Clarkson pied at degree ceremony. Couldn't happen to a nicer
feller...

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken

"Mr Clarkson, the face of BBC Two's Top Gear, was heard to say "great
shot" when hit by the pie. "

And he took it in great spirits!

Old September 12th 05, 08:01 PM
Tim Downie

Mike Hibbert wrote:
Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/o...re/4235742.stm

Clarkson pied at degree ceremony. Couldn't happen to a nicer
feller...

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken

"Mr Clarkson, the face of BBC Two's Top Gear, was heard to say "great
shot" when hit by the pie. "

And he took it in great spirits!

Dare I say because unlike some folk here, Jeremy has a good sense of humour
and doesn't take himself too seriously.

Tim

Old September 12th 05, 08:52 PM
Mike Hibbert

Tim Downie wrote:
Mike Hibbert wrote:

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/o...re/4235742.stm

Clarkson pied at degree ceremony. Couldn't happen to a nicer
feller...

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken

"Mr Clarkson, the face of BBC Two's Top Gear, was heard to say "great
shot" when hit by the pie. "

And he took it in great spirits!

Dare I say because unlike some folk here, Jeremy has a good sense of humour
and doesn't take himself too seriously.

Tim

That was kinda my point, he's a top fella!
Old September 12th 05, 10:33 PM
The Nottingham Duck

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 18:45:03 +0100, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
wrote:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/o...re/4235742.stm *

Clarkson pied at degree ceremony. Couldn't happen to a nicer
feller...

Guy

Why is Nelson Mandela a more deserving person.

He is ,after all, a convicted terrorist.

He didn't do 'porridge' on Robin Island for illegal leafleting !
Old September 13th 05, 01:04 AM
Ian Gregory

wrote:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/o...re/4235742.stm *

Clarkson pied at degree ceremony. Couldn't happen to a nicer
feller...

Guy

Why is Nelson Mandela a more deserving person.

He is ,after all, a convicted terrorist.

He didn't do 'porridge' on Robin Island for illegal leafleting !

And what is it with all these Christians thinking they are somehow
being virtuous for following the teachings of a convicted criminal?
Perhaps they should all renounce their faith and convert to
Clarksonianism.

Ian

--
Ian Gregory
http://www.zenatode.org.uk/ian/
Old September 13th 05, 12:03 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

I submit that on or about Mon, 12 Sep 2005 19:52:34 GMT, the person
known to the court as Mike Hibbert
made a statement
in Your Honour's
bundle) to the following effect:

Dare I say because unlike some folk here, Jeremy has a good sense of humour
and doesn't take himself too seriously.

That was kinda my point, he's a top fella!

For some values of top. He is a bigot, who gets away with being a
bigot by being amusing some of the time, so that a lot of people write
off his more crass statements as misguided humour.

He is not wrong all the time, of course - his piece on Brunel was
quite good.

Guy

Old September 13th 05, 04:59 PM
Peter B

"antgel" wrote in message
The pie thrower is a self-righteous idiot imo. Fine, disagree, but show
a bit of class, not to mention intelligence, by making your point in a
way that might actually make a difference to society. She might as well
have stayed at home.

Pie throwing, flower bomb throwing, etc is a form of assault unless the
recipient is a willing party.

My 2p
--
Pete

Old September 13th 05, 05:08 PM
Richard

antgel wrote:

Can you imagine the furore in the Graniaud (who represent the left

No, they don't.

R.
Old September 13th 05, 05:40 PM
David Hansen

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 17:06:03 +0100 someone who may be antgel
wrote this:-

if Clarkson threw a pie at an environmentalist?

Does not Mr Clarkson write mass media articles arguing that
cyclists, who may or may not be environmentalists, should be run
over by motorists? A "custard" pie is rather mild in comparison.
However, Mr Clarkson did take it well (probably because he had
planned how to react in a number of likely circumstances).

I think Mr Clarkson gives a very good impression of a village idiot,
but his programme on Mr Brunel was indeed very good. Not enough to
outweigh his more usual mass media tantrums though.

prevents me by using the RIP Act 2000.

Clarkson at it again. Simon Mason UK 69 July 19th 05 11:32 AM
Cyclist nearly wipes out Clarkson. Conor UK 88 June 5th 05 01:09 PM
Clarkson miffed at BBC poll result. Simon Mason UK 11 May 17th 05 08:38 AM
Clarkson goes off on one. Simon Mason UK 66 May 30th 04 09:00 PM
RR: Get away from me you lazy eyed freak Jimbo(san) Mountain Biking 1 December 2nd 03 01:47 PM