taking the lane

Old August 19th 12, 11:50 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
nik.morgan[_2_]

Default taking the lane

Yesterday on the dual A30 at 70 mph I encountered a cycle in the centre
lane.

There was no sign of a rider but there were bits of bike shrapnel spread
right across the outer lane.

Don't worry it was only a BSO not a real bike, I did not stop because it
could not have been a real cyclist involved.

In fact nobody was stopping just severe panic braking and lots of swerving
around.

I managed to avoid it , the Smart was narrow enough to go around but the
guy following me was not so lucky, I bet he wished there were some
registration plates on the BSO so that he would be able to trace the owners
and launch a claim for his vehicles damage.

--
ennemm
Old August 19th 12, 12:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bill

On 19/08/2012 11:50, nik.morgan wrote:

I managed to avoid it , the Smart was narrow enough to go around but the
guy following me was not so lucky, I bet he wished there were some
registration plates on the BSO so that he would be able to trace the owners
and launch a claim for his vehicles damage.

Why? He was driving too fast to stop in the distance he could see to be
clear. Totally the drivers fault and DWDCAT at least.

Old August 19th 12, 01:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Cassandra[_6_]

On Sun, 19 Aug 2012 05:50:31 -0500, nik.morgan wrote:

Yesterday on the dual A30 at 70 mph I encountered a cycle in the centre
lane.

There was no sign of a rider but there were bits of bike shrapnel spread
right across the outer lane.

Don't worry it was only a BSO not a real bike, I did not stop because it
could not have been a real cyclist involved.

In fact nobody was stopping just severe panic braking and lots of swerving
around.

I managed to avoid it , the Smart was narrow enough to go around but the
guy following me was not so lucky, I bet he wished there were some
registration plates on the BSO so that he would be able to trace the owners
and launch a claim for his vehicles damage.

The car it fell off undoubtedly had registration plates.

A classic example of a motorist putting lives in danger.