U.S. Transfers Sovereignty to Iraqi Govt.

Old June 28th 04, 09:43 AM
Steve

Default U.S. Transfers Sovereignty to Iraqi Govt.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...ADIU&SECTION=H
OME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

U.S. Transfers Sovereignty to Iraqi Govt.

By TAREK EL-TABLAWY
Associated Press Writer

BAGHDAD, Iraq (AP) -- The U.S.-led coalition transferred sovereignty to an
interim Iraqi government Monday, speeding up the move by two days in an
apparent bid to surprise insurgents who may have tried to sabotage the step
toward self rule.

Old June 28th 04, 03:41 PM
veloman

Completely a symbolic move. Iraq doesn't have a military willing to
fight nor a police force strong enough to enforce rule. Internal
security will be our responsibility...probably for the next ten years
or so.

When our "illustrious" president entered us in this conflict he laid
out 3 reasons for war:
1. Iraq had weapons of mass destruction - WRONG!
2. Iraq aided and harbored Al Qaeda - WRONG!
3. Iraq posed and immenent threat to the U.S. - WRONG!

Now if you notice in his recent speaches he doesn't even mention any
of these topics. What he now says is we entered Iraq to rid the world
of a ruthless dictator who was butchering his own people. Ok, so lets
say this is the case (which we know it isn't) and now we are
"protecting" the world from "evil" leaders; why just attack Iraq? What
about North Korea, Iran, Syria, Sudan etc. ?

Mr. Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, and Wolfowitz should suit up and go fight
there own war. Bunch of morons!
Old June 28th 04, 05:06 PM
Michael

"veloman" wrote in message
om...
Completely a symbolic move.

And under the cover of darkness because the country
is completely gripped with fear.

M.

Old June 28th 04, 05:45 PM
Davide Tosi

Steve wrote:

snip

What do you have to tell us about the results in yesterday's National
Championships that took place in many different countries?
Nothing? Then if you know nothing about cycling, please move your
hyperpoliticized ass to a more apt newsgroup.

Old June 28th 04, 05:48 PM
B. Lafferty

"Michael" wrote in message

"veloman" wrote in message
om...
Completely a symbolic move.

And under the cover of darkness because the country
is completely gripped with fear.

M.

From the Bushies' standpoint, a prudent move. They must have know all hell
was set to break loose on the 30th.

Old June 28th 04, 06:01 PM
Steve

On 6/28/04 9:48 AM, in article
. net, "B. Lafferty"
wrote:

"Michael" wrote in message

"veloman" wrote in message
om...
Completely a symbolic move.

And under the cover of darkness because the country
is completely gripped with fear.

M.

From the Bushies' standpoint, a prudent move. They must have know all hell
was set to break loose on the 30th.

Hey Bri-Bri.....
It is the terrorists doing the fighting!
Not the iraqi civilians!

First you guys are all ****y because "The job was not finished" last time
(Along with Iraqi civilians tortured and murdered!)

Now the job is being finished and Iraqi civilians are given a chance for a
life that Mexicans are putting their life in danger to get here crossing the
border through the desert and you guys WHINE & BITCH ???????

What the f*ck!!!!!!!!

Old June 28th 04, 06:13 PM
B. Lafferty

"Steve" wrote in message

From the Bushies' standpoint, a prudent move. They must have know all

hell
was set to break loose on the 30th.

Hey Bri-Bri.....
It is the terrorists doing the fighting!
Not the iraqi civilians!

Fox must be behind on the latest US military position on who's fighting
them. I suggest that you contact Halliburton and arrange to take one of
those truck driver jobs in Iraq that they pay $8 to $10 thousand a month for
doing. Get yourself a satellite phone and call us when you're attacked and
or captured. Let us know if the attackers are Iraqi civilians (that
includes demobilized Iraqi soldiers) or if they're non-Muslim foreigners.
Oh, and when they behead you, try not to squeel like a stuck pig.
Remember---the Iraqis are thrilled that you came to liberate them and help
rebuild their country.

First you guys are all ****y because "The job was not finished" last time
(Along with Iraqi civilians tortured and murdered!)

Many of us didn't think the first war should have been fought to begin with.
Remember, Saddam was Rummys man.

Now the job is being finished and Iraqi civilians are given a chance for a
life that Mexicans are putting their life in danger to get here crossing

the
border through the desert and you guys WHINE & BITCH ???????

Interesting logic, or lack of it.

What the f*ck!!!!!!!!

Come on now. Be a man like Cheney and have the balls to say/write the
word---it's ****.

Old June 29th 04, 05:35 AM
Howard Kveck

In article et,
"B. Lafferty" wrote:

"Steve" wrote in message
Now the job is being finished and Iraqi civilians are given a chance for a
life that Mexicans are putting their life in danger to get here crossing

the border through the desert and you guys WHINE & BITCH ???????

Interesting logic, or lack of it.

"Finished"? Ho ho. I guess that depends on how you define
"sovereignity". I guess that would be when another nation has control of
your police, military, finances and media (among others), and more or less
chose who even got to be picked to be on the "governing council". (It does
seem like Iraq was a sovereign nation up to about 19 March, 2003.)

We'll be there for ages - even Wolfowitz is starting to see that. Funny
how Rummy and company mocked the generals (such as Gen Shalkashvili) who
said that we'd need far more troops to do the job effectively. Maybe they
were right?
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A61943-2004Jun22.html

What the f*ck!!!!!!!!

Come on now. Be a man like Cheney and have the balls to say/write the
word---it's ****.

"Probably".

--
tanx,
Howard

"The fickleness of fame and fortune's caprice
Together changed the life of Mason Reese"
Alice Donut

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?