FA-Beautiful Merckx Corsa 01-NEW RESPRAY

Old April 30th 08, 02:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com is offline
Banned

Default FA-Beautiful Merckx Corsa 01-NEW RESPRAY

see at

Old April 30th 08, 02:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
Tom Kunich

"Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com" wrote in
message
see at

I just sold my Corsa 0.1 (one of the yellow ones) because I've flat run out
of room and I don't race anymore so the Merckx doesn't get used much. It
feels SO FAST that I can't believe it. You push on the pedals and the bike
goes forward without so much as the slightest lag.

Anyone that is racing or likes to ride in a fast group will really like this
bike. For one thing the "upper" model during this time used the Columbus MAX
tubing set and the lines on those tubes were too odd looking to hold your
interest for long. The Dedacciai tubing is also variable shaped but the
tubes appear round and the frame appears to be normal despite the shaping.
The 0.1 looks like a bike is supposed to.

Remember that Eddy Merckx measures his bikes a bit different so make sure
that you get Peter to give you all of the measurements in order to make sure
that it's the size you want.

On a scale of one to ten I'd give the Corsa 0.1 a solid 9. It would have a
10 but it is a "heavy" bike in today's market.

But just between you and I, I think that the fad for carbon bikes is going
to die down a great deal because small accidents that might not even dint a
steel bike can completely destroy a carbon frame. And light weight is the
only advantage you get from carbon. You can get almost the same ride with a
carbon fork on a steel frame.