MnHPVA Kids Recumbent Web Page Udated

Old March 20th 05, 11:20 PM

Default MnHPVA Kids Recumbent Web Page Udated

After over 2 years of neglect I found time to update the MnHPVA Kids
Recumbent Web Page. I've added a parking lot's worth of little
machines.

If you have any to add, especially homebuilts, please send them to

Old March 22nd 05, 01:17 PM

Bill Patterson wrote:
Mark,

Check out my grandsons on the Varna for kids. Scroll down the page.

http://home.earthlink.net/~wm.patterson/id2.html

Bill,
Is that a special, smaller version of the Varna Velocipede, or just the
standard one with the seat moved forward?

It appears from this image,
http://www.varnahandcycles.com/hi-re...velocipede.jpg
that the current version has much less trail induced wheelflop.

Looks like the same fork as on the trike
http://www.varnahandcycles.com/hi-res/varnasenior.jpg The trike has so
much rake because nearly everyone has figured out that delta's do
poorly with more than a tiny bit of trail. I imagine Georgiev stuck a
trike fork on a Velocipede, as an experiment, and discovered how much
better it handled.

As they say, the man's a genius ;-)

Tiller is probing to be a very good thing.

Bill Patterson

Are you saying you have added tiller to the steering on the Varna?

Old March 23rd 05, 06:04 PM
Bill Patterson

Bill Patterson wrote:

Mark,

Check out my grandsons on the Varna for kids. Scroll down the page.

http://home.earthlink.net/~wm.patterson/id2.html

Bill,
Is that a special, smaller version of the Varna Velocipede, or just the
standard one with the seat moved forward?

I don't know that. This is a bike that George made for Carole Leone.

It appears from this image,
http://www.varnahandcycles.com/hi-re...velocipede.jpg
that the current version has much less trail induced wheelflop.

I'm not sure what your definition is of wheel flop. In most cases, a
little wheel flop is a great aid to balance. Too much is very bad. We
all have different idea of what is too much.

We should be able to ride a bike with our eyes closed and sense frame
lean angle through the handlebars.

Looks like the same fork as on the trike
http://www.varnahandcycles.com/hi-res/varnasenior.jpg The trike has so
much rake because nearly everyone has figured out that delta's do
poorly with more than a tiny bit of trail. I imagine Georgiev stuck a
trike fork on a Velocipede, as an experiment, and discovered how much
better it handled.

As they say, the man's a genius ;-)

Tiller is probing to be a very good thing.

proving
Bill Patterson

Are you saying you have added tiller to the steering on the Varna?

No, I have used some of your ideas to great effect.

--
Don’t be a 0 to 60 sheep, be a 60 mpg wolf. Yes Miles Per Gallon.

See some Bikes At:

http://home.earthlink.net/~wm.patterson/index.html

Class and Helicopter

http://www.calpoly.edu/~wpatters/