Giant Suede Coasting dealer question

Old August 5th 07, 07:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
k9jri

Default Giant Suede Coasting dealer question

I recently purchased two Giant Suede Coasting bicycles from an
Indianapolis bike shop. My wife's bike is a yellow 2008 Coasting W
and looks exactly like every Suede Coasting picture that I can fine.
Mine is a 2007 silver 17" frame and has a significantly different stem
than hers. I have been unable to find a single picture of one with a
stem like mine.

All of the Giant photos show a rather plain, non adjustable, alloy
stem with a two bolt face plate. Mine is equipped with a rather
ornate, sculptured, non adjustable alloy stem with a single bolt
clamp. While not a problem I am curious if some Suede Coasting bikes
were provided with different stems or if this may have been
substituted by my LBS because of some defect in the original stem. My
LBS was not aware that the stem had been changed........

I have searched the web and have not been able to find a similarly
shaped alloy riser stem. I could email a picture if it would help
identify it but I thought that a Giant dealer might be aware of
substitute stems on the Suede Coastings.

As a side comment the Suede Coasting is a GREAT bike path bicycle. We
both love them. My regular bike is a 2002 Specialized Allez Sport
which is getting ridden less and less

Mike

Old August 8th 07, 10:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
k9jri

On Aug 5, 2:21 pm, k9jri wrote:
[...]

I found the stem in Indy Cycle today on the Giant parts shelf. The
label on the package called it a "Simple Cruiser Stem" and the bike
technician told me that every once in a while one of the cruiser
family of bikes will come in with this stem rather than their regular
2 bolt face plate stem. He was not aware of any reason why other than
they may just have been out of the regular stem or someone just made a
mistake.

I was happy that it was a Giant product rather than something that my
LBS put on because of some fault with the original.

Mike

Giant Suede [email protected] UK 0 April 12th 07 06:04 PM
Trek OCLV question for Mike or another dealer with historical info Chris M Techniques 2 June 15th 06 12:40 PM
cheapest Giant dealer in Melbourne Roadie_scum Australia 19 January 11th 05 06:28 AM
cheapest Giant dealer in Melbourne Andrew Morris Australia 12 January 4th 05 10:30 PM
cheapest Giant dealer in Melbourne Roadie_scum Australia 3 January 4th 05 11:28 AM