How much would this cost me? ( and other questions)

Old March 29th 05, 12:17 AM

I admit it. I don't know how they do it. I'm just wondering, as far
as
the eating goes.

Just like backpacking. You can carry bread, peanut butter, nuts, candy
bars, fruit , tinned meats etc., with you. If you intend to tour for
several days, you can take along a backpacker's stove and pot set.

I just got back yesterday from a 8-day 1,000 mile trip (I love how my
recumbent lets me do long daily distances). I pick up my food on the
way, something I love over backpacking. I want to stop about
every 30 miles to top off my water supply so getting food and taking
care of hygiene during these stops works out fine. I don't see picking
up food on the way is costing me any more than purchasing it all
at the start. Anyway, I'm saving so much money by camping for free
each night that why would extra food cost, if any, bother me?
I do start out with a supply of custom energy drink mix and energy
bars as a safety reserve (along with a water reserve) and for
convenience
in getting a boost when I may not be near a food source.

As for packing, years of experience and extensive technology use (along
with
picking up food and water on the way and eschewing a stove, etc.)
lets me pack everything into a 2800 cubic inch Aerotrunk. Your
mileage may vary.