Hi! I am new here.. About new bike design.

Old August 4th 05, 11:10 PM
winnobizi

Default Hi! I am new here.. About new bike design.

Hi!

I am going to design and make a new bike.

Can you tell me how much can a new bike prototype make?

I know it depend on the complexity, but I would like to know in
general, how much is reasonable for ordinary bike.

And things thst must pay attention to?

thanks,
cw

Old August 5th 05, 03:08 AM
Ted Bennett

"winnobizi" wrote:

Hi!

Howdy to you!

I am going to design and make a new bike.

Great. You have joined a long, long line of inventors who also had ideas on how to improve
the over one hundred year old design. Maybe you will be the first to succeed.

Can you tell me how much can a new bike prototype make?

Prototypes make no money at all. They cost a lot of money.

I know it depend on the complexity, but I would like to know in
general, how much is reasonable for ordinary bike.

Around here, I can spend between $5 and $5000.

And things thst must pay attention to?

Marketing.
thanks,
cw

Good luck.

--
Ted Bennett
Old August 5th 05, 03:13 AM
Brewster Fong

"Ted Bennett" wrote in message
"winnobizi" wrote:

Hi!

Howdy to you!

I am going to design and make a new bike.

Great. You have joined a long, long line of inventors who also had ideas
on how to improve
the over one hundred year old design. Maybe you will be the first to
succeed.

Can you tell me how much can a new bike prototype make?

Prototypes make no money at all. They cost a lot of money.

I know it depend on the complexity, but I would like to know in
general, how much is reasonable for ordinary bike.

Around here, I can spend between $5 and $5000.

And things thst must pay attention to?

Marketing.
thanks,
cw

Good luck.

Actually, if the guy is serious about trying make a *new* bike design, he
would focus on coming up with some sort of new material. That's the key. A
frame made of unobtainum and he WILL make a fortune....

Old August 5th 05, 03:41 AM

Dear CW,

I would suggest that you put together some CAD drawings of what you
have in mind, then put out a feeler on the framebuilders' list:

Subscribe/unsubscribe or retrieve password at:
Archives: http://www.phred.org/pipermail/framebuilders/
Archive Search: http://search.bikelist.org/

There are a number of builders there that can put together a prototype.
You could also discuss some of your ideas there.

good luck

jn

"Thursday"

Old August 5th 05, 09:05 AM
winnobizi

Thanks Ted,

$5 ? are you kidding?

And can you tell me the generic totall development cost that may
inccur.

something like design(if I give the idea and let designer do his job on
the look) , prototyping and testing,

winno

Old August 5th 05, 02:17 PM
RonSonic

On 5 Aug 2005 01:05:36 -0700, "winnobizi" wrote:

Thanks Ted,

$5 ? are you kidding?

Can you weld? Layup graphite? Perform an FEA? Do CAD? Is your invention made of
blow molded plastic, paper mache or titanium?

And can you tell me the generic totall development cost that may
inccur.

How long is a string?

something like design(if I give the idea and let designer do his job on
the look) , prototyping and testing,

There is no way to even guess at what you are talking about much less guess how
much it will cost.

Ron

winno

Old August 5th 05, 03:51 PM
Tom Reingold

winnobizi wrote:
Hi!

I am going to design and make a new bike.

Can you tell me how much can a new bike prototype make?

I know it depend on the complexity, but I would like to know in
general, how much is reasonable for ordinary bike.

And things thst must pay attention to?

thanks,
cw

Why do you want to design a new bike? Do you think existing bikes have a
problem that you want to solve?

--
Tom Reingold
Noo Joizy
Old August 5th 05, 05:57 PM
winnobizi

Are you satified with it?

I don't.

I am giving a more powerful and efficient one. The current one had been
used over hundred years and it is time to improve from the basic.

I patent it and it is patent pending now.

Trying to seek bike designer who can take care of the product
development.

And a manufacturer who know global market well so to help market it
effectively.

Let me know if you can help.

regards,
winno

Old August 5th 05, 06:56 PM
Frank Drackman

"winnobizi" wrote in message
ps.com...
Are you satified with it?

I don't.

I am giving a more powerful and efficient one. The current one had been
used over hundred years and it is time to improve from the basic.

I patent it and it is patent pending now.

Trying to seek bike designer who can take care of the product
development.

And a manufacturer who know global market well so to help market it
effectively.

From the tone of your posts I don't think that you have the ability or
resources to develop and market a product that could compete with the major
players. If you have a legitimate patent, and your design is truly
revolutionary, then I suggest that you get a non-disclosure agreement, head
to the fall bike shows to setup meetings with the major bike makers to
discuss licensing the design to them. By licensing the design you get much
smaller revenue per bike but you let bike companies deal with the
manufacturing, inventories, marketing, and sales. Interbike is held during
September in Las Vegas and should be a great place to start.

Old August 5th 05, 07:21 PM
winnobizi

Thank you!

It is patent pending, and may need legal advice how to make it licensed
to them.

Yes, I am not experienced enough to do it professionally.

I need partners who play well in this market.

Any one interested?

best regards,
winno

My New Bike brucianna General 6 June 8th 05 08:45 AM
Autofaq now on faster server Simon Brooke UK 216 April 1st 05 10:09 AM
19 Days to go: NBG Mayors' Ride Excitement #5 Cycle America Recumbent Biking 0 March 30th 05 07:32 PM
Trips for Kids 13th Annual Bike Swap & Sale Marilyn Price Racing 0 June 1st 04 04:53 AM
Street Bike Devlin UK 44 March 17th 04 10:28 AM