Info about Miyata 675GT

Old August 27th 05, 03:34 PM
res09c5t

Default Info about Miyata 675GT

Hi,
I have to gloat about my $12.50 garage sale purchase this morning. A Miyata
675GT in all but new condition. Appears to be a touring package of some
type- 700x35 tires, 6 speed Shimano Deore index shifting, canti-brakes, rear
rack, lugged frame with all the fittings for racks. My plan is to convert
it into a hybrid with upright bars and 7 speed shifters on the bars. I
think it will make a perfect in town commuter hybrid.

Anyone know about how old this is? My guess is late 80's, early 90's. Any
swag as to how expensive new? Any other comments?

Thanks! This should be fun. My wife even said she wouldn't have passed it
up and we already have 6 bikes in the garage.
Lyle

Old August 27th 05, 04:57 PM
res09c5t

Default It might be a 615 GT

Hi,
It might be a 615 GT. The middle digit is a little funky.
Thanks!
Lyle

Old August 27th 05, 05:23 PM
trg

"res09c5t" a écrit dans le message de news:
eS_Pe.1628$FL1.1326@trnddc09...
Hi,
I have to gloat about my $12.50 garage sale purchase this morning. A
Miyata 675GT in all but new condition. Appears to be a touring package of
some type- 700x35 tires, 6 speed Shimano Deore index shifting,
canti-brakes, rear rack, lugged frame with all the fittings for racks. My
plan is to convert it into a hybrid with upright bars and 7 speed shifters
on the bars. I think it will make a perfect in town commuter hybrid.

Anyone know about how old this is? My guess is late 80's, early 90's. Any
swag as to how expensive new? Any other comments?

Thanks! This should be fun. My wife even said she wouldn't have passed
it up and we already have 6 bikes in the garage.
Lyle

I got a Miyata 1000lt in '89. 7 speed deore lx, cantis, bar-end shifters,
fully loaded tourer. AFAIR, paid around $750.

Old August 29th 05, 02:57 PM

res09c5t wrote:
Hi,
I have to gloat about my $12.50 garage sale purchase this morning. A Miyata
675GT in all but new condition. Appears to be a touring package of some
type- 700x35 tires, 6 speed Shimano Deore index shifting, canti-brakes, rear
rack, lugged frame with all the fittings for racks. My plan is to convert
it into a hybrid with upright bars and 7 speed shifters on the bars. I
think it will make a perfect in town commuter hybrid.

Anyone know about how old this is? My guess is late 80's, early 90's. Any
swag as to how expensive new? Any other comments?

Thanks! This should be fun. My wife even said she wouldn't have passed it
up and we already have 6 bikes in the garage.
Lyle

That price you paid seems pretty cheap! Did you, by chance, drive a
hard bargain and get it down from the original asking price of $15??
Did you really offer $10??? And here I thought I was the King of
Schwag!!!

Old Miyata info and upgrading [email protected] Techniques 1 May 18th 05 09:08 PM
Info on a Miyata Long Flamingo giraffe billham Unicycling 16 December 15th 04 01:40 PM
Will a Miyata seat cover fit on a carbon fibre seatbase? TonyMelton Unicycling 3 December 11th 03 03:45 AM
Tours to "The Tour" Mike Jacoubowsky Rides 3 August 12th 03 05:28 AM