Large print computers

Old December 16th 09, 09:48 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Peter

Default Large print computers

Has anyone come across a sub-$150 computer with an easy to read display?

As much as I hate to admit it, I can't see as well as I used to be able
to. So reading a my bike computer, especially at night is a nit of a
problem. I have done a couple of Audax rides at night recently and being
able to read the trip distance is essential.

I have tried a few models of computer but none seem to have a clear
display of time and distance. I don't really care all that much about
current speed but it seems to be what computers focus on.

TIA for ideas

Peter
Old December 17th 09, 10:07 AM posted to aus.bicycle
John Pitts[_2_]

On 2009-12-16, Peter wrote:
Has anyone come across a sub-$150 computer with an easy to read display?

As much as I hate to admit it, I can't see as well as I used to be able
to. So reading a my bike computer, especially at night is a nit of a
problem. I have done a couple of Audax rides at night recently and being
able to read the trip distance is essential.

I have tried a few models of computer but none seem to have a clear
display of time and distance. I don't really care all that much about
current speed but it seems to be what computers focus on.

The Sigma 906 I used to have had larger numbers and was much easier to
read than the Cateye Velo 8 that is currently on the bike. Both cost
around $50.

--
John
"Bicycling is the nearest approximation I know to the flight of birds. The
Old December 19th 09, 12:29 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Peter

John Pitts wrote:
The Sigma 906 I used to have had larger numbers and was much easier to
read than the Cateye Velo 8 that is currently on the bike. Both cost
around $50.

Several people have independently recommended sigma computers. I'm going
to give one a go and see how if works out on my next overnight ride.

Peter

Print ad AUDITION: Verdict is in! MuniAddict Unicycling 13 February 25th 07 06:21 AM
Wheels in print Sandy Techniques 88 January 25th 06 03:47 AM
Wikipedia may go to print, says founder Marty Australia 1 November 2nd 05 03:17 PM
* * * Please Read And/Or Print This! * * * Press [Ctrl][P] Keys On Your Keyboard To Print >> June 1, 2004 8:48:46 pm >> http://115639.aceboard.net/forum2.php?rub=158&cat=61&login=115639&page=0#id96 << * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 'Key Techniques 0 June 2nd 05 05:59 AM
FA: Hinault print Mister Speaker UK 0 March 7th 05 08:49 PM