Police, David Campbell need some perspective: Road rage incident

Old November 3rd 09, 10:57 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

Default Police, David Campbell need some perspective: Road rage incident

In aus.bicycle on Tue, 03 Nov 2009 21:24:22 +1100
Peter Cremasco wrote:
F Murtz wrote:

The bus driver did not run over the cyclist. I do not know why some
cyclists seem to be condoning cyclists putting themselves in danger by
tresspassing on a road they are clearly not supposed to use.This road
is one of the few where buses do the speed limit of 80 kmph (because
the road is mostly empty)(bicycles do not do 80)

Pardon the - what may seem to be a - really silly question but..... does
anyone know whether the cyclist actually KNEW he wasn't supposed to be
in that lane?

Until they find him no one will know for sure.

I recall seeing "Bus only" signs and much argument about bikes not
being allowed, but I don't know how good the signage is.

I wouldn't ride it as it's clear there's bugger all room for anything
but buses.

Zebee
Old November 3rd 09, 12:00 PM posted to aus.bicycle
F Murtz[_2_]

Peter Cremasco wrote:
F Murtz wrote:

The bus driver did not run over the cyclist. I do not know why some
cyclists seem to be condoning cyclists putting themselves in danger by
tresspassing on a road they are clearly not supposed to use.This road
is one of the few where buses do the speed limit of 80 kmph (because
the road is mostly empty)(bicycles do not do 80)

Pardon the - what may seem to be a - really silly question but..... does
anyone know whether the cyclist actually KNEW he wasn't supposed to be
in that lane?

It is fairly obvious, it is not a lane as such it is a completely
separate walled off two way road with every entrance that I have seen
saying buses only.
It is a complete waste of money and space,it is almost always empty with
just an occasional bus doing 80 as no one is allowed to use it.
It is a pity motor cycles are not allowed, they would not cause any
inconvenience to buses but it would not be suitable for bicycles.
It has one narrow lane each way and slow bicycles would just block it.