Straight inner tubes?

Old August 13th 04, 05:28 AM
p e t e f a g e r l i n

Default Straight inner tubes?

NiteRider wrote:
Does anybody know if there's a noncircular inner tube on the market? I
thought there was, but I can't find anything on the net. My bike has a
full Nexus setup in the back and it's a royal pain in the ass to remove
and reinstall the wheel. Be a lot easier if there was a straight inner
tube, sort of like those long balloons that they use for balloon
animals.

I have access to a heat sealer. Maybe I can try to make my own by
cutting a tube and sealing the ends. Or maybe just good, old fashioned
patch glue to seal the ends?

They were called the Specialized Dirtworm.

I think that they are currently out of production.

--
petefagerlin.com

everything that is wrong with the internet
Old August 13th 04, 05:45 AM

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 03:19:32 GMT, NiteRider
wrote:

Does anybody know if there's a noncircular inner tube on the market? I
thought there was, but I can't find anything on the net. My bike has a
full Nexus setup in the back and it's a royal pain in the ass to remove
and reinstall the wheel. Be a lot easier if there was a straight inner
tube, sort of like those long balloons that they use for balloon
animals.

I have access to a heat sealer. Maybe I can try to make my own by
cutting a tube and sealing the ends. Or maybe just good, old fashioned
patch glue to seal the ends?

Dear NR,

Here you are! Morley Brothers has the Butt End style that
you want in 24, 26, 28, and 30 inch sizes in a fancy carton!
Attractive pricing!

http://www.fixedgeargallery.com/morley/10.jpg

(Unfortunately, the item may be out of stock.)

Carl Fogel
Old August 13th 04, 04:02 PM

Dear NR,

Here you are! Morley Brothers has the Butt End style that
you want in 24, 26, 28, and 30 inch sizes in a fancy carton!
Attractive pricing!

http://www.fixedgeargallery.com/morley/10.jpg

(Unfortunately, the item may be out of stock.)

Carl Fogel

Attractive pricing? Based on the salary data from he

http://www.econlib.org/library/Enc/W...html#table%201
it seems most things cycling were quite dear in 1916.

Old August 13th 04, 08:40 PM

On 13 Aug 2004 08:02:49 -0700, wrote:

Dear NR,

Here you are! Morley Brothers has the Butt End style that
you want in 24, 26, 28, and 30 inch sizes in a fancy carton!
Attractive pricing!

http://www.fixedgeargallery.com/morley/10.jpg

(Unfortunately, the item may be out of stock.)

Carl Fogel

Attractive pricing? Based on the salary data from he

http://www.econlib.org/library/Enc/W...html#table%201
it seems most things cycling were quite dear in 1916.

Dear Justin,

Do not be misled by our handsome bulk discounts! Individual
Butt End tubes are attractively priced--those prices are per
dozen tubes!

As an advertisement from our inferior competitors makes
clear, Morgan and Wright Butt End tubes are available for 72
cents, plus a dozen pennies postage:

http://www.instantattitudes.com/imag...s1908pg170.jpg

The Morgan and Wright Butt End tubes are well known and have
always given good satisfaction, being guaranteed in every
way, but customers are warned that it is wiser to do
business with a well-established firm like Morley Brothers
than to risk their hard-earned cash with a fly-by-night
company that may not be here to-morrow! Beware of being
"Sear-ed"!

Carl Fogel
Old August 14th 04, 02:28 AM
Sunastar

NiteRider howls out from the darkness:

I think that they are currently out of production.

Damn. That stinks. Thanks for the info.

You might experiment with making your own. But, use some really moster
assed glue and don't kill the messenger after painfull failures.

--
T o m "It wasn't me your honor" Dillon
Lakewood, CO