Sicily photos + report

Old December 7th 07, 02:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Ken Roberts

Default Sicily photos + report

Sharon and I spent a week in November riding different areas of the eastern
part of the island of Sicily. We had a fun time and both felt that we'd be
glad to go back to Sicily again for bicycling -- even though it's not as
convenient for us to travel to as some other places in Europe.
Photos at http://roberts-1.com/t/b07/sic/s

We liked that Sicily has lots of nice farm-country riding, much still green
in November, with even some flowers. Also hill towns in dramatic settings,
and roads beside the sea. Sometimes we saw the big Mt Etna volcano, with
lots of snow around its summit. Our trip was over the American holiday of
Thanksgiving in late November, so we got a full week of travel from only
three days taken out of vacation allotment, and the temperature in Sicily
then was mostly pretty comfortable for bicycling.

For lots more details see the report at http://roberts-1.com/b/v/e/07b
which also has a link to a map of the places we visited.

Ken