Street Unicycling, at all like skateboarding to you?

Old September 3rd 05, 05:31 PM
unifreak7

Default Street Unicycling, at all like skateboarding to you?

Yo,

I think looking at the axies that a unicycle can "spin" on, it is
related much to a skateboard. I'm not trying to to closely relate it to
anything of the sort, only to small extents. But i'm wondering if anyone
has gotten any ideas of tricks from skateboarding. I base all my flip
tricks on them, and that's kinda how I move about it. Just wondering
what you think. Laters

-Shaun Johanneson

p.s. Mainly talking to the street riders, but anyone can say anything.

--
unifreak7 - Flip, Spin, and Grind

Now starting to get good!
unifreak7's Profile:
http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6137

Old September 3rd 05, 06:02 PM
redhead

I think it is tuff to relate Street Uni to skateboarding when comparing
tricks. I think street unicycling has more of a skateboarding style and
flow, but more of a BMX trick composistion(only unicycle tricks to me
seem more tight,quick,flowed). Street Uni you tend to hit stuff that
both BMX riders and Skaters would hit.
So...Well Ya thats how I view it.

--
redhead - South Florida's Unicycle Club
redhead's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9985

Old September 3rd 05, 06:16 PM
James_Potter

Street Unicycling seems to me to be a combination of BMX and
skateboarding...except not using a bike or a skateboard.
I think that BC Wheeling is the closest related to skateboarding.
Except no one has gotten reeaally good at that yet, so a decent BC
Wheeler is pretty much nothin compared to a decent skater.

--
James_Potter - betcha can't stick it!

James Potter for president 2008

Old September 3rd 05, 07:35 PM
vicuniclub

Have you seen jeff groves a b.c ? he's freaking good... way better watch
him then any skateboarder!

--
vicuniclub - Trial/Muni rider
vicuniclub's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10052

Old September 3rd 05, 07:42 PM
James_Potter

hmm, no, I guess I haven't...but I expect it's similar to skateboarding,
yeah?

Old September 3rd 05, 08:24 PM
litldude2

BC and skateboarding are hard to compare because something really simple
on a bc is alot harder than more complex things on a skateboard. I
skated for a few weeks last year and i could heelflip, kickflip, 180 and
shuv it and stuff which is more complex than what i can do on a bc but
for me it was alot easier to learn that stuff on a skateboard than it
was for me to learn to ride, hop and do simple tricks on the bc. I
havent ridden my bc in a while but i have gotten pretty close to landing
a shuv it (or BCspin what ever you want to call it) and its harder than
anything i have tried on a skateboard.

--
litldude2 - Spencer

Gallery.unicyclist.com/spencer
________________
LitlDude2: you suck
Byrnetown: yea
________________
beware of the evan!

Old September 3rd 05, 11:04 PM
onetrack

unifreak7 wrote:
*. But i'm wondering if anyone has gotten any ideas of tricks from
skateboarding. *

Yeah, I don't think I would have came up with the crankflip if it wasn't
for skateboarding. I think that's why i kick my feet out to the sides
when i do it, I figured it'd have to be done with the same foot movement
as a kickflip on a skateboard. What really makes it feel like a skate
type trick, is doing it off picnic tables and over stair gaps, having to
catch the cranks in the air.

--
onetrack - Stair Master

"People over here have a dangerous habit of adding quotes to signature
lines."
-Klaas Bil
onetrack's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6374

Old September 3rd 05, 11:07 PM
General Dibbles

i watch a lot of bmx videos, and ride with a lot of bmxers and i would
say i get a lot of ideas for tricks from them.

--
General Dibbles - commadore

General Dibbles's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8108

Old September 4th 05, 12:23 AM
juggle508

Onetrack...you got any videos online?

--
juggle508 - Street unicyclist.

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.

---------- Joshua 1:9----------
juggle508's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6701

Old September 4th 05, 01:02 AM
maxisbackintown

hell yeah they are related to me I always follow my skateboarding buds
around and do wut they do on there boards on my uni thats how I get
style like street stylish I just do wut they do on my uni so let's say
they do a rail i do they 180 a drop I 180 it ...

--
maxisbackintown - timmmyyy

yeah
maxisbackintown's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9909

street riders what are you riding on and what do you think makes a good street uni? redhead Unicycling 16 August 7th 05 07:11 PM
Trials or Street TrialsUni Unicycling 0 July 30th 05 09:07 PM
Megalist of Unicycling Bookmarks john_childs Unicycling 15 May 13th 05 11:07 AM
How should Street Freestyle competition work? johnfoss Unicycling 90 August 26th 04 11:44 PM
Protective gear and the image iof unicycling sendhair Unicycling 4 July 15th 03 09:14 PM