Hushovd

Old March 31st 11, 09:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

Default Hushovd

How many times this year do you think he'll be dropping Farrar in the
last kilometer?

Old April 1st 11, 03:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred

On Mar 31, 3:06*pm, RicodJour wrote:
How many times this year do you think he'll be dropping Farrar in the
last kilometer?

none, unless it's an uphill sprint at the end of a true classic.
Wait, never mind, Farrar won't even be there.
Old April 1st 11, 05:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

On Mar 31, 10:43*pm, Fred wrote:
On Mar 31, 3:06*pm, RicodJour wrote:

How many times this year do you think he'll be dropping Farrar in the
last kilometer?

none, unless it's an uphill sprint at the end of a true classic.
Wait, never mind, Farrar won't even be there.

Well, he's already done it once, so none is a bit low.

Old April 1st 11, 01:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred

On Mar 31, 11:23*pm, RicodJour wrote:
On Mar 31, 10:43*pm, Fred wrote:

On Mar 31, 3:06*pm, RicodJour wrote:

How many times this year do you think he'll be dropping Farrar in the
last kilometer?

none, unless it's an uphill sprint at the end of a true classic.
Wait, never mind, Farrar won't even be there.

Well, he's already done it once, so none is a bit low.

must've missed it. when? circumstances?

Fred
Old April 1st 11, 04:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

On Mar 31, 10:43*pm, Fred wrote:

On Mar 31, 3:06*pm, RicodJour wrote:

How many times this year do you think he'll be dropping Farrar in the
last kilometer?

none, unless it's an uphill sprint at the end of a true classic.
Wait, never mind, Farrar won't even be there.

Well, he's already done it once, so none is a bit low.

must've missed it. *when? *circumstances?

Stage 3 of Tirreno Adriatico, which Haedo won. Admittedly dated news,
but I just got around to watching the finish. This from Velonews:

Hushovd surged to the point of the strung out peloton 500 meters from
the line, Farrar tucked on his wheel. When he aced a gentle right hand
corner 250 meters from the line, the world champion gapped Farrar by
almost two bike lengths. Farrar said that was the difference.

“I had to make that effort to come back in the wheel and that cost me
in the final meters in the sprint,” he said. “Thor gave me another
perfect leadout, but J.J. was just a little too fast for me today in
the final 50 meters.”

It looked like more than two bike lengths from where I was sitting.
Tyler's bike handling seemed strangely tentative through that last
turn, and he wasn't even mixing it up.

I think Tyler/Hushovd vs. Renshaw/Cavendish might have quite a few
donnybrooks. Head-butting wagers...?

Old April 1st 11, 04:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred

On Mar 31, 10:43*pm, Fred wrote:

[...]

aw, hell... I thought you meant he rode him off his wheel while
leading him out, not that a mistake in a corner created a gap. That's
as much Hushovd's fault as it is Farrar's, in that perhaps he took it
too hot. No wonder I couldn't think of the race you were referring
to.

Fred

I never liked Hushovd chubby00 Racing 7 July 25th 09 06:51 AM
Cavendish Closes The Door on Hushovd Chico Caliente Racing 8 July 20th 09 06:58 PM
Hushovd [email protected] Racing 9 March 13th 08 06:54 AM
Hushovd relegated? MyPostingID Racing 16 July 7th 06 05:34 PM
Why wasn't Hushovd wearing green? Andrew Racing 18 July 15th 05 06:53 PM