BR: Stone Old Guardian Barleywine

Old February 21st 07, 12:35 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

Default BR: Stone Old Guardian Barleywine

On Feb 20, 1:17 pm, "Scott Gordo" wrote:
On Feb 17, 2:52 am, "G.T." wrote:

JD wrote:
Since it's the season of the barleywines out in the WARM West, I've
been sampling a few of the regulars and a few of the not so regulars.
Bigfoot by Sierra Nevada is ok. Foghorn from our friends at Anchor is
pretty good. Old Guardian from the genuises at Stone kicks ass. It's
so smooth, the only way you can tell it's 11.26% is the mellow glow it
applies, starting about halfway through a bomber.

My first bottle sure tasted good, I have a feeling it was because of the
"I am very bitter and I like it!" pint glass I drank it from. I'm going
to give myself a little more time to enjoy the next one because 1 pt 6
fl oz of 11.26% gets me pretty f'ed up:

http://www.stonebrew.com/og/2007/design.html

Greg
--
The ticket******* Tax Tracker:http://www.ticketmastersucks.org/tracker.html

When I was drinking lots of Foghorn at a certain bar they'd serve it
in sissy little 10oz glasses. I demanded to be served a manly pint.
They acquiesed with a smirk. An hour later they were mopping up the
floor with me. No drink makes me as slackjawed and dumbfounded as that
stuff. Funny thing is that even though I only lived a fifteen minute
walk away, I'd always wind up waking up in wierd places: bushes, porch
couches, Virginia Beach....

Lady Falconburgh's in Durango serves Chimay on draft in those pinchy
little glasses. What do they think, we can't handle strong beer?

JD

Old February 21st 07, 02:51 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Scott Gordo

On Feb 17, 2:52 am, "G.T." wrote:

JD wrote:
[...]

JD- Hide quoted text -

I think you're correct. And in my case, I'm not afraid to admit that
the bartenders were probably right. I've pounded down enough beer,
bourbon, gin, and tequila for 3 livers, but Foghorn makes me feel like
I've been dosed with a handful of ludes and then shot in the neck with
a tranqilizer dart.

/s

Old February 21st 07, 04:10 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
MattB

On Feb 17, 2:52 am, "G.T." wrote:

JD wrote:

[...]

It can give me a pretty wicked hangover too. They make their own
Barleywine at the brewery a couple of doors down from my office. I also
thought they were selling me short on the little glasses but after a
couple of them I soon realized I was having plenty! Then I realized it
again the next morning.

Matt