!!!Warning!!! Do not buy from Robin Hubert **SCAM ARTIST***

Old February 6th 04, 11:59 AM
Robin Hubert at Lictons

Default !!!Warning!!! Do not buy from Robin Hubert **SCAM ARTIST***

Just a friendly warning to those who ca

Robin Hubert has ripped off many people using online selling in the
past few years. The things she sells are not as pictured. DO NOT BUY
FROM HER! The only way to get scam artists like Robin off of these
groups is to ignore her sale posts. If you buy, you will lose your
money!

Robin - If you see this, I want my $257 refunded. I wish it would not
have come to this, but I had no choice. Quit ignoring my calls and
e-mails. I want my money back!!! What you did is not fair and you know
it!
Old February 6th 04, 04:55 PM
Zilla

Robin Hubert at Lictons wrote:
Just a friendly warning to those who ca

Robin Hubert has ripped off many people using online selling in the
past few years. The things she sells are not as pictured. DO NOT BUY
FROM HER! The only way to get scam artists like Robin off of these
groups is to ignore her sale posts. If you buy, you will lose your
money!

Robin - If you see this, I want my $257 refunded. I wish it would not
have come to this, but I had no choice. Quit ignoring my calls and
e-mails. I want my money back!!! What you did is not fair and you know
it!

Did you pay by MO or cashier's check, which are essentially cash?

-Zilla

Old February 6th 04, 04:57 PM
Robin Hubert

"Robin Hubert at Lictons" wrote in message
om...
Just a friendly warning to those who ca

Robin Hubert has ripped off many people using online selling in the
past few years. The things she sells are not as pictured. DO NOT BUY
FROM HER! The only way to get scam artists like Robin off of these
groups is to ignore her sale posts. If you buy, you will lose your
money!

Robin - If you see this, I want my $257 refunded. I wish it would not
have come to this, but I had no choice. Quit ignoring my calls and
e-mails. I want my money back!!! What you did is not fair and you know
it!

WTF??? Does anybody know what the hell this is about?
I have no idea what's going on here but someone has either stolen my
identity and ripped someone off or a vengefull asshole has decided to
assassinate my character. This is completely fabricated bull****.
It's curious how the poster is hiding true identity. Curious more is why
this person has never called me at work! Even more curious is that this
person doesn't even know that I'm a male. I have never posted pictures of
anything, anywhere, that I have sold, ever.
Does anyone know what I can do (legally, morally right) to stop this?
OP, why don't you give me a call so we can talk about this? Why are you
hiding your identity?

The real Robin Hubert

Old February 6th 04, 05:18 PM
Werehatrack

Well, I'd just call that one proof that there's a loon in Robin
Hubert's vicinity. No details, just sophomoric shouting.

Troll probability: high.

Credibility: sub-zero.

it's also possible that I'm busy.
Old February 6th 04, 05:31 PM
Werehatrack

On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 15:57:08 GMT, "Robin Hubert"
may have said:

Why are you
hiding your identity?

Because it's a troll.

And either the troll is in Utah, or the troll engaged in theft of
services via proxy rape of a Comcast broadband customer in that state.
I would posit that the latter is the case, which is more than adequate
evidence that this is a random troll action rather than anyone who has
ever dealt with the person named in any way.

FWIW, this kind of thing pops up from time to time in scattered
newsgroups all over. The most successful tactic is to plonk the
thread and any others that the troll starts. The less that's said
(beyond, at the very most, a mere terse comment to the effect that the
post is an obvious troll, and being plonked), the better.

Attempting to engage the troll in dialogue will merely encourage
further attacks; there's nothing to discuss, since in actuality
there's nothing to the troll's spew but invention and fabrication, so
any responses directly to the troll are factually pointless.

it's also possible that I'm busy.
Old February 6th 04, 05:54 PM
Steve Knight

WTF??? Does anybody know what the hell this is about?
I have no idea what's going on here but someone has either stolen my
identity and ripped someone off or a vengefull asshole has decided to
assassinate my character.

I would not worry too much about it. it's just fluff. doubt too many people will
take it seriously.

--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
Old February 6th 04, 06:09 PM
Sheldon Brown

An anonymous sniper pretending to be Robin Hubert at Lictons wrote:

Just a friendly warning to those who ca

Robin Hubert has ripped off many people using online selling in the
past few years. The things she sells are not as pictured. DO NOT BUY
FROM HER! The only way to get scam artists like Robin off of these
groups is to ignore her sale posts. If you buy, you will lose your
money!

Robin - If you see this, I want my $257 refunded. I wish it would not
have come to this, but I had no choice. Quit ignoring my calls and
e-mails. I want my money back!!! What you did is not fair and you know
it!

This seems very unconvincing.

I consider Lickton's to be a major competitor, since we carry a lot of
the same stuff, but I've never had any reason to think that they are
anything less than honest.

They have, in general an unblemished reputation, as far as I know.

Sheldon "Consider The Source" Brown
| Pohl's law: Nothing is so good that somebody, |
| somewhere, will not hate it. |
Phone 617-244-9772 FAX 617-244-1041
http://harriscyclery.com
Hard-to-find parts shipped Worldwide

Old February 6th 04, 06:34 PM
David Reuteler

In rec.bicycles.tech Robin Hubert wrote:
: It's curious how the poster is hiding true identity.

they aren't even trying. in summary, tho. they signed up for an email at
yahoo.com named it " and armed with that went over
to groups.google.com and signed up for an account there (you need a valid
email address to get an account to post from groups.google.com).

if you want more info you'll probably have to get a lawyer and subpeona
yahoo.com for the information used to create "
which is probably fictional anyway.

at the very least send an email to and tell 'em
what " is doing .. they'll hopefully shut down that
account. but it'll take only a few minutes for the hydra to rehead.
--
david reuteler

Old February 6th 04, 07:49 PM
David L. Johnson

On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 12:09:48 -0500, Sheldon Brown wrote:

I consider Lickton's to be a major competitor, since we carry a lot of
the same stuff, but I've never had any reason to think that they are
anything less than honest.

They have, in general an unblemished reputation, as far as I know.

I concur. I have dealt with Lickton's a number of times over the years,
and have been quite satisfied with their fairness and service. Ignore the
troll.

--

David L. Johnson

__o | It is a scientifically proven fact that a mid life crisis can
_`\(,_ | only be cured by something racy and Italian. Bianchis and
(_)/ (_) | Colnagos are a lot cheaper than Maserattis and Ferraris. --
Glenn Davies