WTB: Campy 8 spd rear whl or wheelset

Old June 2nd 05, 06:22 PM
regiolanthe

Default WTB: Campy 8 spd rear whl or wheelset

Looking for good excellent condition for my antique Campy 8-sp
equipped bianchi (Athena gruppo).

Purchase range for single rear - $50-75 if in good shape.
$100-150 for wheelset in good shape.

Campy wheels/rims preferred (bad experiences with Mavic) - other
considered.

Thanks.

reg

--
regiolanth
regiolanthe's Profile: http://www.usenetbikes.com/member.php?userid=186

Old June 4th 05, 09:16 PM
Wayne Pein

regiolanthe wrote:

Looking for good excellent condition for my antique Campy 8-spd
equipped bianchi (Athena gruppo).

Purchase range for single rear - $50-75 if in good shape.
$100-150 for wheelset in good shape.

Campy wheels/rims preferred (bad experiences with Mavic) - others
considered.

Thanks.

reg.

Reg,

I tried to contact you at your e-mail, but what is it?

I have a mid 1990's Campagnolo Zonda 8 speed clincher wheelset. Polished
silver deep section rims with blue graphics, 16 radially laced bladed
silver spokes, 1x drive side rear. Excellent condition. Minimal sidewall
wear. Includes skewers and Velox rim tape. Bombproof and fast wheels.
Photo at: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/wawa42p/my_photos

I'll also include a 12-23, 8 speed cassette and Sachs PC-48 chain. Chain
checks as “fair” condition on my Park chain checker. It mates well with
the cassette with no skipping. I am not sure if a new chain will mesh
well with this cassette, but my guess is that it will. I don’t know how
many miles are on them. Also, 2 long valve stem tubes. One has two patches.

$150 plus shipping.

Wayne

Old June 5th 05, 03:39 PM
qui si parla Campagnolo

regiolanthe wrote:
Looking for good excellent condition for my antique Campy 8-spd
equipped bianchi (Athena gruppo).

Purchase range for single rear - $50-75 if in good shape.
$100-150 for wheelset in good shape.

Campy wheels/rims preferred (bad experiences with Mavic) - others
considered.

Thanks.

A suggestion. Have a wheel built with Campagnolo modern rear hub, get a
handful of black Campag 8s spacers and any Veloce 9s cogset(loose
cogs), Pick the ratio you want, just use the balck spacers...go ride
and not worry about the rear wheel being 'ancient.

The above something i have done many times.

Another option is converting the right lever to 9s, getting the rear
wheel/cogset/chain...

Old June 6th 05, 03:00 PM
regiolanthe

Wayne Pein Wrote:
wrote:

[...]

patches.

$150 plus shipping.

Wayne

Hello Wayne,

Thanks for the reply on the Campy wheelset. Can you give me an idea o
how many miles on the Zondas? They look in good shape from photos.

If I were to purchase, I have a nearly new 8 spd Record cassette/chai
combo that I assume would fit the wheel. If in excellent description a
described, may well be interested (minus the cassette/chain) - from wha
I see on the web - 38 mm aero rim (like last generation Shamal), Choru
hub (steel), and actually lighter than same generation Vento (lower ri
height).

Also waiting to see what other person (npep) has to offer.

Thanks.

Geo
e-mail:

Old June 6th 05, 03:09 PM
Remove No Spam To Reply

I have a "new" set of Campy Chorus hubs lace to a pair of Mavic Open Pro
Silvers.

Double butted spokes built competitivecyclist.

"Sold" to a customer that changed his mind after 1 week. Very little use.
Perfectly true.

Let me know you are interested and I will look into my cost of the wheels.

I am only interested in recovering my wholesale cost.

Will include velox rim tape at no charge.

Allan

"Wayne Pein" wrote in message
. com...

Old June 6th 05, 05:05 PM
regiolanthe

npep/wpein -

Sorry to both.

After a bit of contemplation this afternoon, I decided to play it saf
and go with a rebuild on my existing hub, w/ a standard 32-spoke buil
(hoping the Open Pro CDs are a bit more durable than the regular OPs)
Much as I like the thought of going with a Campy aero wheelset, th
prospect of a rebuild if the spokes break is just too much of a PIA t
contemplate. Don't know where I'd get my hands on a replacement spok
kit at this point (can't find any on the web), not to mention the fac
that such an exotic pair of wheels might confuse the hell out of my LB
anyway.

Thanks for your replies - and wawa - I have to say that you coul
definitely get an asking price for your Zondas on e-bay .... Had a bi
in for a couple of Shamals/Ventos earlier, and they both went fo
around $200 (out of my league).

re