Trail Days, AZ Style

Old March 10th 07, 03:24 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
GeeDubb

Default Trail Days, AZ Style

Not one....

Not two....

but three different trail building events tomorrow

Black Canyon Trail at Black Canyon City

Trail 100 Dreamy Draw area, Phoenix Mtn. Preserve

Prescott National Forest with IMBA's trail building class

and from what I've heard but haven't confirmed yet....trail work somewhere
on the Arizona Trail.....

good coordination!

BCT for me.

Gary

Old March 10th 07, 03:30 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

On Mar 9, 7:24 pm, "GeeDubb" wrote:
Not one....

Not two....

but three different trail building events tomorrow

Black Canyon Trail at Black Canyon City

Trail 100 Dreamy Draw area, Phoenix Mtn. Preserve

Prescott National Forest with IMBA's trail building class

and from what I've heard but haven't confirmed yet....trail work somewhere
on the Arizona Trail.....

good coordination!

BCT for me.

Gary

You have a lot invested in the BCT already, so keep that fire burning
G!

For me, ride tonight, tomorrow, Sunday and Monday. I'll even be
riding in the dirt this weekend for a change.

JD

Old March 10th 07, 03:38 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Ride-A-Lot

GeeDubb wrote:
Not one....

Not two....

but three different trail building events tomorrow

Black Canyon Trail at Black Canyon City

Trail 100 Dreamy Draw area, Phoenix Mtn. Preserve

Prescott National Forest with IMBA's trail building class

and from what I've heard but haven't confirmed yet....trail work
somewhere on the Arizona Trail.....

good coordination!

BCT for me.

Gary

Lucky dog. I haven't seen dirt in months.

I'm going to road over to dirt tomorrow and do an assessment. It's been
70 all week. I'm also seeing if I can wing a few days in Fruita for the
festival.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old March 11th 07, 02:54 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
GeeDubb

"JD" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Mar 9, 7:24 pm, "GeeDubb" wrote:
Not one....

Not two....

but three different trail building events tomorrow

Black Canyon Trail at Black Canyon City

Trail 100 Dreamy Draw area, Phoenix Mtn. Preserve

Prescott National Forest with IMBA's trail building class

and from what I've heard but haven't confirmed yet....trail work
somewhere
on the Arizona Trail.....

good coordination!

BCT for me.

Gary

You have a lot invested in the BCT already, so keep that fire burning
G!

For me, ride tonight, tomorrow, Sunday and Monday. I'll even be
riding in the dirt this weekend for a change.

JD

We still had a good turnout of some 22 people, half were mtb'rs, a couple of
hikers and the rest BLM people from as far away as NW Montana. We did and
we didn't get much accomplished as the trail still isn't complete to the
river though I know a few that could probably ride the last 100 feet anyway
but sure wouldn't want to ride a horse on that just yet. That 70°+ slope of
shale is just killing the progress. Cut it in...it falls down the slope
with nothing to support so more benching.....same thing happens. Then that
damned ironwood took the better part of the day to cut through (no chain
saw) and then when it came down we lost a lot of shade on the shale pile.
Yep, it was a warm one yesterday.

Also found out there's been a pro trail crew working the trail and we're
only a mile or so from connecting! It will be fun.

Finished the day at the cafe, chili cheese burger, several mugs of amber
bock and Jack Daniels pecan pie alamode hit the spot. Then reality hit on
the drive home as traffic was backed up due to idiots playing bumper SUV's
(about 4 from what I could tell) then past that traffic was just damn
heavy......welcome to east LA.

Gary

Old March 11th 07, 07:03 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

On Mar 11, 6:54 am, "GeeDubb" wrote:
"JD" wrote in message

ups.com...

On Mar 9, 7:24 pm, "GeeDubb" wrote:
[...]

Those chili cheese burgers are the bomb.

Have you seen the trail the other crew has been building yet?
Sometimes I wonder just how good they are after seeing what they did
to Freeman Creek and Art Smith.

JD

Old March 12th 07, 10:54 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
GeeDubb

"JD" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Mar 11, 6:54 am, "GeeDubb" wrote:
"JD" wrote in message

ups.com...

On Mar 9, 7:24 pm, "GeeDubb" wrote:
[...]

I have not seen the section the other crew has been working on. I believe
this is the same crew that did the work on the Little Pan section we rode.
I understand your frustration about Art Smith even though the new cut is
more my along my abilities..... I haven't been to Freeman Creek....

Gary

Old March 13th 07, 12:05 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Ride-A-Lot

GeeDubb wrote:

"JD" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Mar 11, 6:54 am, "GeeDubb" wrote:
"JD" wrote in message

ups.com...

On Mar 9, 7:24 pm, "GeeDubb" wrote:
[...]

Was it IMBA Trail Solutions (their for-profit wing)? Philadelphia
selected them to re-do Wissahickon and from what I have heard, the MTB
community is not happy with the 3' bench cut idea.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws