Dirt Almost Dry!!!

Old March 11th 07, 10:36 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Ride-A-Lot

Default Dirt Almost Dry!!!

I did an expedition (on foot) at White Ranch today to get an idea of
when it will be ridable. In spite of a few dumb asses (I counted five)
who insisted on riding it (more about this later), next weekend it will
be ready to go!

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/031107/IMG_5376.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/031107/IMG_5377.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/031107/IMG_5378.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/031107/IMG_5380.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/031107/IMG_5382.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/031107/IMG_5384.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/031107/IMG_5386.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/031107/IMG_5389.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/031107/IMG_5391.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/031107/IMG_5393.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/031107/IMG_5394.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/031107/IMG_5396.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/031107/IMG_5397.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/031107/IMG_5399.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/031107/IMG_5401.jpg

So here is just some of what the dumb asses created.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/031107/IMG_5403.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/031107/IMG_5404.jpg

The trouble here is that with the melting drifts draining down the
trail, they collect in these ruts. The running water just keeps making
them deeper and deeper. I had another photo that showed about 1/4 mile
of this with the water digging a trench, but the sun was at the wrong angle.

This is the kind of thing that gives us a bad name. Even with other
mountain bikers. I was talking to a couple who like me, moved here from
the east coast. They are also mountain bikers and were surpised that
riders here did not have the same trail etiquette as on the east. Maybe
it's less access issues, but still it is just common sense.

So, with temps in the 60's and 70's this coming week, I think WR will be
nice and fast next weekend. Of course, some of the drifts in the shade
will still be a little muddy. There's nothing wrong with dismounting
and walking over those areas.

See ya on the trail!

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old March 12th 07, 07:48 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
LIBERATOR

On Mar 11, 3:36 pm, Ride-A-Lot wrote:
[...]

Yeah Ridey(Poochums), I'll look for you walking your bike, whilst I
fly by you...

Want me to kiss you as I scream by?

Old March 13th 07, 12:12 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
SuperPoo

So here is just some of what the dumb asses created.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/031107/IMG_5403.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/031107/IMG_5404.jpg

I rode last weekend here in Maryland-- some of the muck was almost hub deep.
It was great. But before you get on me too much, in the past year put a
retaining wall, sured up some drainage and fully reseeded my lawn. So from
where I sit I think I am errosion netural for the year. Besides 3/4 of the
technical sections we have were created by erosion.

[...]

RR: Actually got on some dirt MattB Mountain Biking 12 April 14th 05 06:37 PM
Dirt Uni TheoELind Unicycling 7 February 2nd 05 05:27 PM
dirt bike emily520 Rides 0 November 19th 04 07:54 AM
dirt bike emily520 Rides 0 November 19th 04 07:54 AM
3.0 fireball on dirt? onefiftyfour Unicycling 11 September 5th 03 04:47 AM