Cyclist booked in Melbourne

Old September 25th 07, 11:45 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Gags

Default Cyclist booked in Melbourne

I was walking along St Kilda Rd this morning and saw a chick on a bike being
issued a ticket by a motorcycle police officer. She had been pulled over
right in front of the Melburnian and I can only assume that she turned left
into the St Kilda Rd bike lane from the side street next the the Melburnian
and failed to stop at the stop sign. I was hoping that she might get caught
at the lights near the Arts Centre so that I could ask her what she got
booked for but I lucked out.

Anyone in here know who she is and what she was booked for??

Gags

Old September 25th 07, 12:02 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Joel Mayes

On 2007-09-25, Gags wrote:
I was walking along St Kilda Rd this morning and saw a chick on a bike being
issued a ticket by a motorcycle police officer. She had been pulled over
right in front of the Melburnian and I can only assume that she turned left
into the St Kilda Rd bike lane from the side street next the the Melburnian
and failed to stop at the stop sign. I was hoping that she might get caught
at the lights near the Arts Centre so that I could ask her what she got
booked for but I lucked out.

Anyone in here know who she is and what she was booked for??

Gags

There's been a bit of a ``crackdown'' in the CBD recently. I had a gal
come into work who'd been booked in the CBD for rolling over the line
while stoped at a red light.

And one of the no helmet loonies I know has been booked 3 times in the
last month!

Cheers

Joel

--
Human Powered Cycles | High quality servicing and repairs
| Affordable second hand bikes
(03) 9029 6504 | Bicycle reuse centre
www.humanpowered.com.au | Mechanical and on-road training and instruction
Old September 25th 07, 12:34 PM posted to aus.bicycle
PeteSig[_2_]

"Joel Mayes" wrote:
There's been a bit of a ``crackdown'' in the CBD recently. I had a gal
come into work who'd been booked in the CBD for rolling over the line
while stoped at a red light.

Well I hope there's a "crackdown" on all the _hundreds_ of motorists who do
the same thing every day!! Not to mention the _thousands of 'right-turn red'
runners_ all over the city, every day!!

Sheesh!
--
Cheers
Peter

~~~ ~ _@
~~ ~ _- \,
~~ (*)/ (*)

Old September 25th 07, 12:47 PM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb[_450_]

Joel Mayes Wrote:

There's been a bit of a ``crackdown'' in the CBD recently. I had a gal
come into work who'd been booked in the CBD for rolling over the line
while stoped at a red light.

Just like the crackdown along St Kilda Rd before/during/after the Comms
Games last year.

--
cfsmtb

Old September 26th 07, 03:29 AM posted to aus.bicycle
phillip brown

On Sep 25, 9:34 pm, "PeteSig" wrote:
"Joel Mayes" wrote:
There's been a bit of a ``crackdown'' in the CBD recently. I had a gal
come into work who'd been booked in the CBD for rolling over the line
while stoped at a red light.

Well I hope there's a "crackdown" on all the _hundreds_ of motorists who do
the same thing every day!! Not to mention the _thousands of 'right-turn red'
runners_ all over the city, every day!!

Sheesh!
--
Cheers
Peter

~~~ ~ _@
~~ ~ _- \,
~~ (*)/ (*)

and the pedestrians crossing against the light at every intersection
and pedestrian crossing in the CBD. Especially @ Flinders Street
Station.

phillip brown

Old September 26th 07, 03:43 AM posted to aus.bicycle
DaveB

"Joel Mayes" wrote:
There's been a bit of a ``crackdown'' in the CBD recently. I had a gal
come into work who'd been booked in the CBD for rolling over the line
while stoped at a red light.

Well I hope there's a "crackdown" on all the _hundreds_ of motorists who do
the same thing every day!! Not to mention the _thousands of 'right-turn red'
runners_ all over the city, every day!!

Sheesh!
--
Cheers
Peter

~~~ ~ _@
~~ ~ _- \,
~~ (*)/ (*)

and the pedestrians crossing against the light at every intersection
and pedestrian crossing in the CBD. Especially @ Flinders Street
Station.

phillip brown

Yes everybody who breaks every law should be booked everytime (not just
having a go at you here Phillip). And we should have a police force of
100,000 to achieve this. Or they can do the various blitzes to raise
some of these things in the public consciousness and hopefully the
message sticks.

daveB
Old September 26th 07, 10:15 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Joel Mayes

On 2007-09-25, PeteSig wrote:

"Joel Mayes" wrote:
There's been a bit of a ``crackdown'' in the CBD recently. I had a gal
come into work who'd been booked in the CBD for rolling over the line
while stoped at a red light.

Well I hope there's a "crackdown" on all the _hundreds_ of motorists who do
the same thing every day!! Not to mention the _thousands of 'right-turn red'
runners_ all over the city, every day!!

Sheesh!

What! The police treat motorist and bicyclist equally!

:-)

Old September 27th 07, 12:12 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Theo Bekkers

Joel Mayes wrote:

What! The police treat motorist and bicyclist equally!

:-)

Good Lord no. There's much more money to be made from motorists, and you
don't need any expensive personal interaction. Flash for cash and your
points are in the mail.

They actually have to stop and talk to a cyclist, handwrite a ticket, get
the details entered into the computer back in the office. How inefficient is
that?

Theo

Cyclist dead in car strike (Melbourne) ghostgum Australia 0 September 28th 06 11:25 PM
Holiday booked! Arthur Clune UK 8 February 24th 06 07:24 PM
Cyclist killed - Port Melbourne cfsmtb Australia 68 February 10th 05 09:20 AM