Unicycle in Bicycling Magazine ad

Old August 31st 03, 09:17 PM
manic_mark

Default Unicycle in Bicycling Magazine ad

i could swear that is exactly the same picture as came on one of those
free internet trial discs a while back, i'll try and find it and scan
it.

--
manic_mark - level 3, most of the time

lever (dot) mark (at) ntlworld (dot) com
manic_mark's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1592

Old August 31st 03, 09:22 PM
paco

Instead of ranting, maybe one of us should take the shot, keep what we
like, and Photoshop a new picture. Or just start over again, keep the
words and the pictures of their products, and make a new ad for them.
That would be nice of us.

--
paco - Creator of the "BUni"

If you attempt to fail, and succeed, which one did you really do?
paco's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3715

Old August 31st 03, 09:55 PM
Mikefule

That must be a syndicated photograph, because I'm 99% sure it was used
in an advert over here (UK) for (if memory serves) banking services.
Surely no two unicyclists would have trousers like that?

As enthusiasts, we must beware of taking such images of our sport too
personally. If you were a Morris dancer, you would know why. :0(

--
Mikefule - Roland Hope School of Unicycling

The long distance Fule on his farcycle

Old August 31st 03, 10:16 PM
Borges

I've seen that picture before too. It was on a poster advertising a
seminar given by a consulting company (Accenture i think, but I'm not
sure). The text with the picture said something about standing out and
thinking unconvensionally in order to reach your goals.
It looked to be a POS uni (I think I could make out lollypop bearings on
the poster) and it is utterly useless if his goal is much beyond the
tree in the background, so naturally I ignored the seminar.
The poster might still be around on campus, I'll see if I can get one.

Morten

--
Borges - High impact cerabellum workout
Borges's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/925

Old August 31st 03, 10:26 PM
harper

Carol McLean wrote:
*I guess I should have bought it before yesterday's 8-mile ride. I
didn't think I would need water, but we went farther than I expected.
*

Carol McLean, eight mile ride?

YOU GO GIRL!!

Congratulations.

--
harper - Old dog, no tricks

-Greg Harper

B L U E S H I F T

"Are you OK???" - Just about anyone I've ever ridden with

Old September 1st 03, 01:20 AM
Carol McLean

harper wrote:

CAROL MCLEAN, EIGHT MILE RIDE?

*YOU GO GIRL!!

Congratulations. *

Yup, eight miles. Hard to believe, isn't it?

And on my puny uni, too. Just think what I could do on a Coker!

(Faceplant.)

Carol
Minnesota

--
Carol McLean - Likes Pedal Pushers
Carol McLean's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3302

Old September 1st 03, 10:26 AM
GILD

paco wrote:
*It's pathetic that I can look at the picture and even venture a guess
as to the tire's thickness and crank length. I guess I'm becoming a
fanatic. *

just after the howard stern movie 'private parts' came out, there was
areview in the newspaper
they used a screen shot of the blond stripper sitting (nude) in the
studio with him
i looked at the pic and caught myself thinking 'ooooh, those are
'neumanns!' (www.neumannusa.com) '

that's when i figured i was in the right bussiness

--
GILD - Waffle-tosser

The only difference between me and a madman is that i'm not mad.
Pablo Picasso

'this will only take a minute...'
(http://www.burmacampaign.org.uk/actions/un.htm/)

JUST SAY 'KNOW'!

Namaste!
Dave

Old September 1st 03, 03:23 PM
UniBrier

wobbling bear wrote:
*this pic is part of an ad library ("getty images") used by many
people *

'They do seem to like unicycles' (http://tinyurl.com/luul) (Turn the
"clarification feature off).

--
UniBrier - Its Time to Ride

Steve DeKoekkoek - I've got a one track mind.
UniBrier's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1404

Old September 1st 03, 10:39 PM
Sarah Miller

Memphis Mud wrote:
His/Her inclusion of the silly hat is a visual manafestation of the
cliche'd question: "Hey, are you in the circus?"

I don't think its a hat. I think the rider is wearing a hodie with the
hood down and has brown air. The angle their head is at is such that not
much head is visible above the roll of hood.

I've seen the pic before, In fact It was on my
bedroom wall for a while last year when the Independant newspaper used it
for the cover of a student supplement. I don't know who it is
unfortunatly, looks abit like Alex Howard, but i don't think it is him.

Sarah

--
Union of UK Unicyclists
By and for UK riders