RR: NJ Slickrock

Old November 1st 04, 05:55 PM
supabonbon

Default RR: NJ Slickrock

Round Valley, Oct 30.

Damn, wish I brought the camera.

Man, what a day. The leaves have all changed, wetly falling on the
rain-slick babyhead cracked granite. It adds up to zero traction. Fog
in the multihued trees was enough to make you totally bliss out.

But with the wet leaves covering all the slimy rocks... well... I
pinch flatted once and had to up the PSI considerably. With a hardtail
and around 60mm in the front, well, it was like jackhammering your way
uphill on skiis through a mushroom rainbow fairytale. Downhill was
totally ****ing hairball. Managed to lay off the brakes and keep the
bike upright, but I've been farting in a high-pitched whistle the past
two days.

Hopefully I'll get back next week for a few pics. Don't be surprised
if there's a hobbit sighting if not some bloody gore.

/s
Old November 1st 04, 06:11 PM
Ride-A-Lot

supabonbon wrote:
[...]

That's a cool place, but kinda short in mileage, don't you think? If
you liked that, then you have to go to the northern part of Allamuchy.
You'll get 50+ miles of the same thing.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old November 1st 04, 06:25 PM
B i l l S o r n s o n

supabonbon wrote:
Round Valley, Oct 30.

Damn, wish I brought the camera.

Man, what a day. The leaves have all changed, wetly falling on the
rain-slick babyhead cracked granite. It adds up to zero traction. Fog
in the multihued trees was enough to make you totally bliss out.

But with the wet leaves covering all the slimy rocks... well... I
pinch flatted once and had to up the PSI considerably. With a hardtail
and around 60mm in the front, well, it was like jackhammering your way
uphill on skiis through a mushroom rainbow fairytale. Downhill was
totally ****ing hairball. Managed to lay off the brakes and keep the
bike upright, but I've been farting in a high-pitched whistle the past
two days.

Just not descriptive enough.

Bill "wetly falling indeed" S.

Old November 1st 04, 09:14 PM
Carla A-G

"supabonbon" wrote in message
om...
[...]

There is some unbelievable riding at Round Valley. Here are some pics of the
last time we went the

http://community.webshots.com/album/83043198iQVRuX

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Old November 2nd 04, 05:40 AM
miles todd

On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 16:14:18 -0500, Carla A-G
wrote:

There is some unbelievable riding at Round Valley. Here are some pics of
the
last time we went the

http://community.webshots.com/album/83043198iQVRuX

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Now that's funny. Three photos of trail riding, and a dozen parking lot
shots. Carla, you'll have to do better than that to convince me that the
riding at Round Valley is all that unbelievable. Or maybe not- I guess
you did a great job, now that I think about it. I guess I don't believe
that the riding at Round Valley even exists, that's how unbelieving I am.

miles
Old November 2nd 04, 01:52 PM
Carla A-G

"miles todd" wrote in message
news
Now that's funny. Three photos of trail riding, and a dozen parking lot
shots. Carla, you'll have to do better than that to convince me that the
riding at Round Valley is all that unbelievable. Or maybe not- I guess
you did a great job, now that I think about it. I guess I don't believe
that the riding at Round Valley even exists, that's how unbelieving I am.

miles

We were too busy riding the trails to stop and take pics of it...

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Old November 2nd 04, 02:03 PM
spademan o---[\) *

"Carla A-G" wrote in message
"miles todd" wrote in message
news
Now that's funny. Three photos of trail riding, and a dozen parking lot
shots. Carla, you'll have to do better than that to convince me that

the
riding at Round Valley is all that unbelievable. Or maybe not- I guess
you did a great job, now that I think about it. I guess I don't believe
that the riding at Round Valley even exists, that's how unbelieving I

am.

miles

We were too busy riding the trails to stop and take pics of it...

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Heh, yep I know that feeling. Bring camera along take a pic at the start,
one at a lunch stop and one at the end.

Old November 2nd 04, 02:14 PM
Ride-A-Lot

Carla A-G wrote:
"miles todd" wrote in message
news
Now that's funny. Three photos of trail riding, and a dozen parking lot
shots. Carla, you'll have to do better than that to convince me that the
riding at Round Valley is all that unbelievable. Or maybe not- I guess
you did a great job, now that I think about it. I guess I don't believe
that the riding at Round Valley even exists, that's how unbelieving I am.

miles

We were too busy riding the trails to stop and take pics of it...

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Good comeback!

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old November 3rd 04, 09:59 PM
supabonbon

Ride-A-Lot wrote in message ...
supabonbon wrote:
[...]

Been there, done that. Well, part of that, anyway. Like I said, on the
hardtail with the PSI jacked, a leaky fork, and no idea where the
rocks were under the fresh wet leaves, that short mileage was plenty
for me, thanks.

/s ever try 400 meter sprints?
Old November 4th 04, 04:03 AM
Slacker

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 08:52:49 -0500, Carla A-G =

wrote:

news

=

the
riding at Round Valley is all that unbelievable. Or maybe not- I gue=

ss
you did a great job, now that I think about it. I guess I don't beli=

eve
that the riding at Round Valley even exists, that's how unbelieving I=

=

am.

miles

We were too busy riding the trails to stop and take pics of it...

- CA-G

One of my friends has been taking a camera with him when we go riding. =

Every time he whips it out, I yell at him. "Will you put that thing away=
... =

we got some riding to do!"

Never realized what a sacrifice and PIA taking pictures is. Just makes m=
e =

appreciate you guys that actually do take pictures/video.
-- =

Slacker