Cogs are loose on AM Classice freehub

Old August 7th 05, 11:53 AM
johkar

Default Cogs are loose on AM Classice freehub

I bought a new set of American Classic Sprint 350's and plopped on my
Shimano DA 10-speed cassette. Problem is the loose cogs are
loose...they move forward and back a bit. I ordered these off of eBay
and specified Shimano compatible, but to be honest I don't know how you
tell. How do you tell Shimano vs Campy? Or maybe I just need a
cassette spacer...there is no side to side motion though.

Obviously I need guidance so I can discontinue my stupidity.

Thanks

Old August 7th 05, 02:19 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

johkar wrote:
I bought a new set of American Classic Sprint 350's and plopped on my
Shimano DA 10-speed cassette. Problem is the loose cogs are
loose...they move forward and back a bit. I ordered these off of eBay
and specified Shimano compatible, but to be honest I don't know how you
tell. How do you tell Shimano vs Campy? Or maybe I just need a
cassette spacer...there is no side to side motion though.

All shimano 10s cogsets come with a spacer to be used on all 8/9s
shimano compatible freehubs, put it on first. If ya lost it, any 1mm
spacer will work. Only place the spacer is NOT needed are on 7800,
shimano 10s only, rear hub.

Old August 7th 05, 06:08 PM
Paul Kopit

On 7 Aug 2005 03:53:12 -0700, "johkar" wrote:

I bought a new set of American Classic Sprint 350's and plopped on my
Shimano DA 10-speed cassette. Problem is the loose cogs are
loose...they move forward and back a bit. I ordered these off of eBay
and specified Shimano compatible, but to be honest I don't know how you
tell. How do you tell Shimano vs Campy? Or maybe I just need a
cassette spacer...there is no side to side motion though.

Obviously I need guidance so I can discontinue my stupidity.

New American Classic hubs come with a spacer that feels to me like it
is ½ mm. The tag attached to the hub says to use it if the cogs are
loose. I'd guess AC would send you one.
Old August 8th 05, 02:41 AM
johkar

Thanks for the reply's. Do you know how to tell a campy freehub from a
shimano. Would a shimano even fit on a campy freehub?

Old August 8th 05, 02:14 PM
Paul Kopit

On 7 Aug 2005 18:41:57 -0700, "johkar" wrote:

Thanks for the reply's. Do you know how to tell a campy freehub from a
shimano. Would a shimano even fit on a campy freehub?

Campy body has different splines and is wider. Shimano cogs don't
usually fit onto Campy hub bodies.