Hey Armstrong, society makes us couch potatoes

Old July 28th 05, 03:27 PM
Dane Jackson

Default Hey Armstrong, society makes us couch potatoes

george conklin wrote:

"Robert Cote" wrote in message

I went to realtor.com and you are right. Around here we call that 1/2
of a a small downpayment. The reason our prices are so high is because
we still have a decent quality of life despite being too close to Los
Angeles. People will pay a premium to get what they want even though
the planners are trying to limit the supply. The planners are also
trying mightily to change the character of these neighborhoods with
tricks like inclusionary zoning, exempt uses, and the like. Heck, I saw
in durham 21 acres on the river for only $350k. Even with airfare that
sounds like an attractive vacation home for us left coasters.

For $350,000 you can get a great place in the mountains. Cooler.

Yeah, but how far is it to the nearest Eritrean place? If I want to
go to the mountains, I'll go visit my parents. I can let them play
with the grandchild while I go cycle up Hurricane Ridge.
ObCycleContent: ^^^^^^

--
Dane Jackson - z u v e m b i @ u n i x b i g o t s . o r g
The little town that time forgot,

"It's Not About the Drugs" B. Lafferty Racing 203 August 12th 05 08:23 AM
What does Lance Armstrong trying to prove? [email protected] General 11 July 25th 05 11:51 PM
Le Monde B. Lafferty Racing 58 July 24th 05 05:38 PM
Armstrong Prompts Huge Growth in Cycling Garrison Hilliard General 0 July 24th 05 06:28 AM
L.A. Confidential Excerpt 'Dis Guy Racing 3 October 10th 04 05:31 AM