Cyclist fighting for his life and hit and run

Old August 2nd 20, 05:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

Default Cyclist fighting for his life and hit and run

Driver sought by police.
QUOTE:
A CYCLIST is fighting for his life after a hit and run in Wantage this morning.

The incident happened at 8.45am on the A417 near Ardington Wick.

Police are now looking for a silver hatchback car that hit the cyclist and carried on driving.

Officers say there will be visible damage to the windscreen.

The cyclist, a 38-year-old man, had life-threatening injuries.

Investigating officer, Inspector Simon Hills, of the Roads Policing Unit, said: “I would like to speak to anyone who has any information about this incident.

“We believe the car involved was a small silver hatchback which may have sustained damage to the windscreen.

“We need to speak to the driver in connection with this incident and also to check on their welfare.

“I am also very keen to speak to anyone who saw this vehicle prior to the incident in the Wantage area.”

The A417 is currently closed in both directions. The road closures are expected to be in place for several hours.

If you have any information which you think could be relevant to our investigation, please call the Thames Valley Police non-emergency number 101, quoting reference number 394 (2/8).

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/18...-life-hit-run/