safety in numbers? Fail

Old May 31st 12, 08:49 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.motorcycles
PipL

Default safety in numbers? Fail

On Wed, 30 May 2012 16:56:03 -0700 (PDT), zymurgy
wrote:

On May 30, 2:32*pm, Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
And what's wrong with a Clot 45 strapped to the tank?

If someone were driving a tank, i'd more than likely give way to
it ...

I guess it would have more than a Clot 45[sic] bolted to it as well.
--

Pip

Old May 31st 12, 09:11 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.motorcycles
Thomas[_5_]

On Thu, 31 May 2012 00:34:36 -0700, Dave - Cyclists VOR
wrote:

On 31/05/2012 07:00, Phil W Lee wrote:
considered Wed, 30 May 2012 13:42:06 -0700
the perfect time to write:

(I must say, these crossposts from ...cycling are entertaining, on a
boring afternoon.)

You should check through the medjob's (that's "dave") prior posts to
get some isight into it's level of stupidity.

I'll save you the trouble & list some of ****** Lee's little gems;

unh, I can't tell you (no really, I can't) how overjoyed I am to have such
scintillating reading material. Reading "WLlgs" has risen right up to #697
on my priority list of things to do on a boring afternoon. That picking
zits is only 53 spots ahead of it should tell you how eager I am to read
those little gems.
Old May 31st 12, 01:35 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.motorcycles
'Hog[_3_]

Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
On Wed, 30 May 2012 14:53:05 +0100, "'Hog"
wrote:

You are obviously another red light jumping pavement cycling ****.
You ****.

Hah! The nearest red light to here is the one in yo'mamma's window.

*nice*

--
Hog

Remember the 4 "F" rule:
If you're not ****ing me, Feeding me or Financing me
....your opinions really don't matter, so you can **** off

Old May 31st 12, 01:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.motorcycles
'Hog[_3_]

The Medway Handyman wrote:
On 31/05/2012 06:58, Phil W Lee wrote:
considered Wed, 30 May 2012

We know that, but it's fun to watch the children play

Indeed, they like to ignore all the other costs of motoring, which
exceed revenues by several times.

Show us the invoices then ****wit.

Little details like the huge proportion of the NHS cost that's due to
motoring, or the congestion, rescue services, policing, house
devaluation from pollution. . .

But as you so often remind us - but only when it suits your case,
taxes aren't ring fenced, it all comes out of a central pot.

Still, "Dave" can probably only cope with one cost in his brain cell
at a time.

Can't answer the question then?

He hasn't even included the cost of road repairs and maintenance!

Included. Try again **** for brains.

They exist only in his mind.
The benefits from personal motorized transportation are entirely positive.
Any economic unit who disagrees has passed its service life.

Old May 31st 12, 05:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.motorcycles
Thomas[_5_]

On Thu, 31 May 2012 02:33:39 -0700, Switters wrote:

On Thu, 31 May 2012 08:11:38 GMT, Thomas wrote:

That picking zits is only 53 spots ahead

Surely you're too old for that?

Which is why it holds such an cough exalted status on my to-do list.
Old May 31st 12, 08:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.motorcycles
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On 31/05/2012 18:28, Phil W Lee wrote:
considered Thu, 31 May 2012
13:37:45 +0100 the perfect time to write:

The Medway Handyman wrote:
On 31/05/2012 06:58, Phil W Lee wrote:
considered Wed, 30 May 2012

We know that, but it's fun to watch the children play

Indeed, they like to ignore all the other costs of motoring, which
exceed revenues by several times.

Show us the invoices then ****wit.

Little details like the huge proportion of the NHS cost that's due to
motoring, or the congestion, rescue services, policing, house
devaluation from pollution. . .

But as you so often remind us - but only when it suits your case,
taxes aren't ring fenced, it all comes out of a central pot.

So you now admit that the "central pot" is what pays the expenses
imposed on society by motoring.

No, the central pot is paid into by all, the motorists pays extra for
using the roads. NI isn't ring fenced for healthcare either, just like
Road Tax isn't ring fenced for roads - it would make it inconvenient for
politicians.

Still, "Dave" can probably only cope with one cost in his brain cell
at a time.

Can't answer the question then?

He hasn't even included the cost of road repairs and maintenance!

Included. Try again **** for brains.

Not according to:

In 2008-09 motorists paid £30.2 billion in motoring taxes.
In that year,1 the cost of road building was £9.1 billion and the
social cost of greenhouse gas emissions from road transport was £3.2
billion. That implies motoring taxes were excessive by £17.9 billion.

which is a direct cut& paste from your original posting.
Strangely, you snipped it out of the reply - I wonder why that was?

They exist only in his mind.
The benefits from personal motorized transportation are entirely positive.
Any economic unit who disagrees has passed its service life.

Enjoy your £5/ltr fuel (roughly what would be needed to make motoring
revenue neutral).

Total utter bollox as usual.

You know it makes sense.

And have you though what that would do to the economy **** for brains?

University
Old June 1st 12, 02:02 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.motorcycles
Peter Keller[_3_]

On Thu, 31 May 2012 08:38:54 +0100, The Medway Handyman wrote:

****wit. **** for brains.

As a result, some persons will fly into a rage about almost anything.

--
Life is a venereal disease with 100% mortality.

Safety In numbers Judith[_4_] UK 10 May 6th 12 09:09 PM
More safety in numbers? Mrcheerful[_3_] UK 1 April 28th 12 03:29 PM
safety in numbers Zebee Johnstone Australia 1 June 25th 09 05:32 AM
Safety in Numbers Roos Eisma UK 249 September 17th 08 09:20 AM
Safety in Numbers. Simon Mason UK 11 April 23rd 05 09:34 PM