Do people bet on Tour de France?

Old July 5th 07, 02:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Chris[_2_]

Default Do people bet on Tour de France?

(It's Chris) wrote in news:7688-468CF717-99
@storefull-3234.bay.webtv.net:

Are you idding? People will bet on anything, and will even make things
to bet on. I'm sure there are those, especially in Europe, making book
on the race.

- -
Compliments of:
"Your Friendly Neighborhood Wheelman"

If you want to E-mail me use:
ChrisZCorner "at" webtv "dot" net

My website:
http://geocities.com/czcorner

I bet that people bet on the tour

Old July 5th 07, 02:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

I was reading in a book that people bet on college sports such as
football and basketball. In fact the author implied that betting was
the only purpose of March Madness. It made me wonder if bets were
placed on different parts of the Tour de France. I notice my local
newspaper has "odds" listed for various sports.

Thanks

Tom

Old July 5th 07, 03:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Grand Poobah

wrote in message
ups.com...
I was reading in a book that people bet on college sports such as
football and basketball. In fact the author implied that betting was
the only purpose of March Madness. It made me wonder if bets were
placed on different parts of the Tour de France. I notice my local
newspaper has "odds" listed for various sports.

Thanks

Tom

ALEANDRE VINOKOUROV is the favorite at this point.

http://www.gamblerspalace.com/Lines....10&IdSport=TNT

J.

Old July 5th 07, 04:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

On Jul 5, 9:50 am, (It's Chris) wrote:
... I'm sure there are those, especially in Europe, making book
on the race.

Didn't Eddy Merckx famously bet on Floyd to win last year at 70:1 odds
or something like that after Floyd's disastrous Stage 16? Maybe 75:1?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...ul06/jul23news

And ironically, from Unibet:

http://pezcyclingnews.com/?pg=fullst...48&status=True

(scroll to the bottom)

Tour de France = Tour de Fraud = Deaths and Suicides wilhelm Racing 5 August 7th 06 08:12 AM
The People Behind the Tour of California B. Lafferty Racing 30 November 5th 05 02:14 AM
Tour de France tour company info on-line Mike Jacoubowsky/Chain Reaction Bicycles General 5 November 21st 04 02:13 AM
Tour de france DVD byron27 Australia 0 October 12th 04 03:39 AM
Tour de France tour company page updated Mike Jacoubowsky/Chain Reaction Bicycles General 10 December 3rd 03 08:20 AM