RBT New Year's Resolution

Old December 25th 10, 08:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Bill Sornson[_6_]

Default RBT New Year's Resolution

?"Ronko" wrote in message ...

Limit posts on rec.bicycles.tech to bicycles.tech

***

Whaddya, new?!?

Bill "darned Live Mail 2011 quoting format" S.
Old December 25th 10, 09:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tēm ShermĒn™ °_°[_2_]

On 12/25/2010 1:57 PM, Bill Sornson wrote:
?"Ronko" wrote in message ...
Limit posts on rec.bicycles.tech to bicycles.tech
***

Whaddya, new?!?

Bill "darned Live Mail 2011 quoting format" S.

Maybe Bill Gates will send you a patch?

--
Tēm ShermĒn - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.
Old December 25th 10, 09:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Dan O

Default RBT New Year's Resolution/Cool Gifts/2010 Purchases

On Dec 25, 11:20 am, Jay Beattie wrote:
On Dec 24, 9:30 pm, Ronko wrote:

Limit posts on rec.bicycles.tech to bicycles.tech

O.K., Merry Christmas to All. I don't like the commecial aspects of
Christmas (which is really a left-handed way of saying I never get
what I want), but this year I got some cool stuff...

Santa has promised me a pair of studded tires after the end-of-year.
(Well, I think she said, "maybe" - which is sort of a proimise. I
guess Santa's kind of tapped out ATM :-)

snip

Louis Garneau Booties. Cheap neoprene stretch rain booties with
velcro rear closures. They actually fit over my jumbo feet and
Bontrager shoes, but they are starting to look like a dog chew toys
around the open soles. The finished edgers are fraying and falling
apart. They need more reflective material. I'm still looking for the
perfect booties. 7/10 (10/10 for sizing)

I liked mine pretty good, until the opening snagged unclipping, caught
on the pedal, and I ripped it wide open panic un-snagging. However,
here's the good part (and well-deserved plug for biketiresdirect):

It was of course the very rainy season, and here I was with only one
bootie. I went inside - having torn it just outside the door at work
- went online and ordered a pair from biketiresdirect.com. They were
on sale, the cost was less than my "points", so they didn't charge me
a dime for them (only shipping), and they were delivered to my home
the *next day*! I love biketiresdirect!

snip
Old December 25th 10, 10:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jay Beattie

On Dec 24, 9:30 pm, Ronko wrote:

[...]

That's where I got my studs -- they had a huge selection, although it
is a bit smaller now (no Nokians, I don't think). We are really
blessed with bike shops. I've been getting a lot of stuff over at
Universal lately -- more arcane stuff like freehub bodies. They have
everything under the sun. I order on line and designate it for pick-
up then take the street car to NW and pick-up in shop. Highly
recommended store. From their store, though, I can practically throw a
rock at four other stores, including Fat Tire Farm. I don't
understand how they all stay in business. -- Jay Beattie.
Old December 25th 10, 11:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Dan O

On Dec 24, 9:30 pm, Ronko wrote:

[...]

I want the Nokian Hakapellitas w/ 240 studs each from Peter White.
Nothing will stop me. Probably gonna be $200 easy by the time I get
them mounted.

We are really
blessed with bike shops. I've been getting a lot of stuff over at
Universal lately -- more arcane stuff like freehub bodies. They have
everything under the sun. I order on line and designate it for pick-
up then take the street car to NW and pick-up in shop. Highly
recommended store.

I buy from Universal, too (that's where I got the XT freehub for my
LHT). They do have just about everything. But they take their time
picking and shipping the order (usually something like 3 days getting
it out the door), which often then gets up against the weekend, and it
can take like almost a week to get something from them just an hour or
so up the freeway.

Biketiresdirect picks and ships the same day if I order early
(otherwise next morning), UPS runs it down the freeway overnight and
delivers it the next day. I was just blown away that they did all
that for my booties when they were practically giving them to me
anyway.

From their store, though, I can practically throw a
rock at four other stores, including Fat Tire Farm. I don't
understand how they all stay in business.

Portland rocks!