chainwheel offset?

Old June 13th 05, 07:52 PM
geepeetee

Default chainwheel offset?

Hi

I am building a swb recumbent and am about to mount the BB tube. I have a
bit of tolerance with this and can slide it left or right to line up with my
rear sprocket but what is the 'norm'.

I dont want to design myself in to a potential corner where i cant get
chainwheels easily. What is the notmal position of the BB tube, is it just
central and then buy the BB axle to suit.

Any advice appreciated

Gary

Old June 13th 05, 09:25 PM
Jeff Wills

geepeetee wrote:
Hi

I am building a swb recumbent and am about to mount the BB tube. I have a
bit of tolerance with this and can slide it left or right to line up with my
rear sprocket but what is the 'norm'.

I dont want to design myself in to a potential corner where i cant get
chainwheels easily. What is the notmal position of the BB tube, is it just
central and then buy the BB axle to suit.

Any advice appreciated

Gary

"Normal" would be to have it centered. On most recumbents, the
chainline is long enough to allow a fair amount of offset either way,
but I can't see why.

Jeff