Listing/leaning to the Left when riding "CURED"

Old March 5th 06, 07:42 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default Listing/leaning to the Left when riding "CURED"

Many people here have mentioned this same problem of leaning to left of
seat when riding and I have posted before what I thought contributed to
this problem, as I noticed in this past thread:
http://tinyurl.com/kgboy
Most of the people that have had this issue are older, I believe it is
caused by long term habits such as carrying your wallet in your right
pocket and when you sit on it over the years your hip will sit crooked
(for lack of a better word) this was brought ot my attention a while
back when I went to a Chiropractor and he showed me how I favored my
right, like when I stand and put more weight on, and when I sit I lean
to my right, most things I do I have a habit of favoring my right side.
So for the last 3-4 weeks I have been making an effort to change this
and carry my wallet in left pocket, standing with weight on left leg,
when driving I place a small book under the left side of my arse and
even attempting to sleep on my left side, and NOW, NO MORE LISTING to
the LEFT when I ride, actually I felt like I was listing to the right
side on this mornings ride

--
Daytripper63
Daytripper63's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10789

Old March 5th 06, 08:24 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Cool approach to this problem. Thanks for the info.

--
harper

-Greg Harper

B L U E S H I F T

This is still my nth post....*AWESOME!!!*

Old March 5th 06, 09:06 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

How would this apply to women, handbags (shoulder bags/purses) and
shoulders?

Ta.

Cathy

--
cathwood

Say no to unicycle genre discrimination! - MrBoogiejuice

http://www.chuckingandtwirling.co.uk

Old March 5th 06, 09:12 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

For woman, i think it would be with handbags and purses, maybe necklaces
and types of jewlery.

It seems like it would work, cause many ppl are either dominate with
one side of there body, always rather use their right hand to hold
something unsted of the left, lean on this side not the other, so
training your body to be used to using both sides is great =p

Good thing i never had to worry about this cause i never leaned to one
sidewithout wanting to, well except when i was very first learning, but
the was very quickly corrected

--
Jerrick

What would you do to me if i was passed out on your bed? o.0

Old March 6th 06, 12:20 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Jerrick wrote:
Good thing i never had to worry about this cause i never leaned to one
sidewithout wanting to, well except when i was very first learning, but
the was very quickly corrected

Give it time. By the time your 40 you can develop all types of bad
habits

Old March 7th 06, 05:57 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

wow. i never thought about it that way. Thanks guys.

--
albino_gumby
albino_gumby's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11695

Old March 7th 06, 05:15 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I've had the same problem, listing to the left and I had the same
thought that throughout my life I've been strongly right side dominant.
I've been trying to cure it using unitherapy. That is, I've been
making a concerted effort to stay out of my 'right-side-comfort-zone'
and learn to do as many things 'lefty' as I can. I try to mount with
my left foot back. I'm trying to practice my idling left foot down.
It seems that my turns were always initiated with a hard jamb down with
my right foot, regardless of turn direction, so I'm concentrating on
jambing down hard with my left foot instead. It's still not natural
but, I'm sticking with my unitherapy program and it's definitely
helped. I'm riding much straighter and more confidently. When I end
up in a situation where I need to power out of something with my left
foot, I can do it more readily and what used to alway end up in a UPD
now rarely does.

--
underdog

'I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody
tell you different' - Kurt Vonnegut
underdog's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6197

Old March 8th 06, 04:50 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Hmmm... I never had the listing problem really (until now, trying to
ride backwards I vere to my right)... but maybe it's 'cause I usually
have my wallet in my cargo front pockets... Makes sitting in the car
for hours on end more comfortable (I used to drive a lot) and it makes
sitting in class for hours on end more comfortable (I sit in class a
lot).

--
evil-nick

Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total
obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and
through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see
its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will
remain.

* Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear.

I'm late for checkers with the Dalai Lama!

My gallery:
http://evil.linuxfreak.ca/uni.html
Our Club:
http://cs.ubishops.ca/~buuc/