[PING UK RIDERS] French unicyclists in London!!!

Old February 5th 07, 04:11 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
bobousse

Default [PING UK RIDERS] French unicyclists in London!!!

Hi everybody!

We are two french unicyclists and we'll probably come to london for a
few days may be a week may be less it will be from the 17 february to
the 25 february (we are not sure yet with the dates).

So if you want to ride in London we'll be there and ready for it!!!!!

Unfortunately there's a big problem, we don't know where to sleep so if
you know some good places to sleep tell us!!!!! (campings, etc... but
not too far away from london)

You can contact me on msn : bobousse(at)gmail(dot)com

p.s: sorry i'm sure that my english is not perfect so don't be mad at
me if there's faults..

--
bobousse
bobousse's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11961

Old February 5th 07, 08:49 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
joemarshall

If you're in London, campsites aren't worth staying at. You end up
spending more on travel into London than you save over staying in a
backpacker hostel. Most campsites are at least 10 miles out, sometimes
15.

Best way to do London on the cheap is hostelling.

There are a few cheap youth hostels that'll do you a room for £10-£12
(15-18 euros) a night, mainly near Kings Cross, like this one
http://www.generatorhostels.com/london/

I hear they can be cool, mainly a bit party party so it depends on what
you're in town for.

If you buy an A-Z (map book) when you get there, you can get around
easily, you don't need to spend money on the tube, particularly if
you've got a unicycle, central London is pretty small.

If you do need to use the tube or buses, buy an Oyster card from the
ticket office at any tube station, this is a card that you top up like
a mobile phone, and then pay for the tube with. The oyster card costs
you £3 and saves you about £2 per tube journey if you're doing short
journeys in Zone 1 because you don't have to buy the rip-off tourist
tickets for the tube.

If you're a trial / street riders or whatever, make sure not to miss
the South Bank. This is the area on the south bank of the Thames,
starting from the London Eye, and going East until Tower Bridge (a
couple of miles or so), there's always loads of skaters, trials bikes,
bmxs etc. around there, it's a cool place to ride, and where everyone
goes for trials riding. (go to Waterloo station and ride East, or
London Bridge and ride west)

There is sometimes a trials ride starting Sunday 10 at the Shell Centre
(near Waterloo station), usually bikes there, but sometimes some
unicycles.

Joe

--
joemarshall

my pics http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albuq44

Old February 6th 07, 05:22 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
bobousse

thanks man for informations!!!
if there's someone else with others ideas it would be cool

Old February 7th 07, 08:01 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
bobousse

hey
so we nearly decided the dates it qill probably be from the 18th to the
23rd february so if theres people who wants to ride with us make a sign
so as we can meet british unicyclists....