Moab equipment thread '07/whos going

Old February 25th 07, 06:39 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ntappin

Default Moab equipment thread '07/whos going

What are people bringing to Moab uni wise? I'm trying to figure out what
I should bring, and what I don't need. Right now I'm looking at
bringing the 26er, my trials and maybe if I have room/weight
permitting, my bc wheel. Then my camel pack (which I should probably
clean since I havn't used it since the summer), some extra seat bits, a
spare tube for the 26er, some tools and a camera that semi works. Well
besides the basics.

Is there anything else I'm leaving out? What else are people bringing,
is it worth bringing the bc wheel? Are there any other things that tend
to break alot at Moabs?

--
ntappin

'how to build a strong comfy saddle from junk.'
(http://tinyurl.com/hxcb3)

Old February 25th 07, 06:45 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Spencer Hochberg

I am bringing a bc. I rode mine a little last year. It is fun to have
stuff to play around on at the dinner on saturday. I'm bringing my muni
and trials uni too and a bunch of spare parts.
We are driving though so I am less limited with space (I assume you are
flying).

--
Spencer Hochberg

'BC wheel movie.'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56195) Watch
it.
'Bedford Unicycles' (http://BedfordUnicycles.ca)
AIM: SpencerHochberg
Email: Litldude2 (at) aol (dot) com

Im messing with it again!!!
Spencer Hochberg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12659

Old February 25th 07, 06:47 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ntappin

Spencer Hochberg wrote:
I am bringing a bc. I rode mine a little last year. It is fun to have
stuff to play around on at the dinner on saturday. I'm bringing my muni
and trials uni too and a bunch of spare parts.
We are driving though so I am less limited with space (I assume you are
flying).

Yeah I'm flying in, but I'm aloud a fair amount of luggage so I don't
see why it should be too bad. I need to figure out a way to keep my
brakes safe though.

Old February 25th 07, 07:00 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tholub

Frankly, unless you're a crazy BC guy, or you're driving and so don't
have to carry the thing on the airplane with you, I wouldn't bother
with the BC. You'll ride it maybe once.

I'm bringing my KH XC (24x2.6") with 165mm cranks, a 3-liter Camelbak,
my standard repair kit (Alien tool, patch kit, stupid Profile crank
bolt Allen key, spoke wrench, probably a spare tube this time because I
have a slow leak, pump), my full-on armor suit (Active Ankles, 661,
Harbinger, KH elbow pads), camera (Canon PowerShot S2 IS), tripod.

--
tholub

Old February 25th 07, 07:46 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
musketman

As for riding stuff, Im bringing my 26" Muni, Camelback, and tons of
spare parts. And maybe my camera.

--
musketman

MUSKETMAN
www.unicycle.com

For Sale: Parachute, only used once, never opened, small stain
musketman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9214

Old February 25th 07, 10:52 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
irvinegr

dumb question.. when is MOAB 2007?

--
irvinegr

Check out my SWEET movies!!! http://tinyurl.com/cr7fu
irvinegr's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10958

Old February 26th 07, 06:36 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ntappin

March 23rd to 25th.

Old February 26th 07, 07:41 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
johnfoss

I'm bringing my Wilder. I'm thinking about bringing my Carbon MUni for
the competition events, but don't know if it will be useful or not. So
don't know yet if I want to hassle with the extra cycle (and weight).

Then I always bring:
- Camelbak
- Kneepads
- Leg armor (kneepads for light riding, armor for the hard stuff)
- Gloves
- Helmet
- Tools: allen wrenches, small pedal wrench, 10mm box wrench, maybe a
ratchet with 10, 13 and 14mm sockets, maybe my crank tool for people
with cotterless cranks, tire irons
- Spare tube(s)
- Minipump
- Layers of clothing to wear

If you're going to Moab, especially if you've never been there, make
sure you read the *entire* web site, especially the advisories about
weather, water and food. You're in a desert environment. It could go
from 30 degrees in the morning to 80 in the afternoon. Dress in layers!
It might rain. And you absolutely *must* bring water on all rides, and
food for the longer ones. Don't rely on others! A phone is nice to have
also, if you have one. Most seem to work on the Slickrock trail, as the
back part of the loop is very close to town.

--
johnfoss

John Foss

"pretty much every trail that we've done on the California or Moab Muni
weekends is an XC trail." -- Kris Holm, on XC from a North Shore point
of view

Old February 26th 07, 10:19 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Unicaw89

A Muni..... :-)

--
Unicaw89

CODY [/b]FREAKING[b] WILLIAMS
'PAINFUL UNI VID!!! -----its a vid, click it '
(http://tinyurl.com/yundmf)
'RenegadeJuggling.com ' (renegadejuggling.com)'Koxx-one.com'
(koxx-one.com)

abbabibble wrote:
Cody bent his koxx.
he was working it pretty hard.

Dumpweed wrote:
your to hard on ur toys i think its time for u to take up a new hobby
like watching tv

Unicaw89's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13531

Old February 26th 07, 10:51 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
thejdw

whats moab?

--
thejdw

dunawan wrote:
why are koxx one unicycles so costly???
forrestunifreak wrote:
They are expensive because they use only the finest soft drink cans.

2 unispins landed!
don't follow Jesus, follow me!

thejdw's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13230

The (Non)Official 06 Moab Weather Thread paco Unicycling 11 March 21st 06 06:15 AM
Whos going to Moab? Bryan Stevens Unicycling 32 March 18th 06 03:31 AM
Whos going to Moab? tholub Unicycling 3 January 9th 06 09:06 PM
whos going to moab 2006? musketman Unicycling 30 December 13th 05 01:02 AM
Whos going to MOAB? Ingo van Thiel Unicycling 19 March 15th 05 01:30 AM