bad girl again

Old November 17th 04, 04:44 PM
Bill Baka

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 10:22:51 -0500, Roger Zoul
wrote:

Bill Baka wrote:
:: On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 05:17:25 GMT, Claire Petersky
:: wrote:
::
::: I was riding on a nice road that is slightly downhilly, 30 mph speed
::: limit,
::: and approaching the street's first stop light. Since I was getting
::: close to
::: the intersection, I am now firmly in the lane, and then a black
::: Cadillac Esclanade seems to think that it needs to be precisely
::: where I was, and muscles me out of my spot. I don't argue with
::: large vehicles with drivers bent on homicide. My emotional
::: response: indignance.
:::
::: A block or two, and we're at the next light, waiting, and I'm right
::: behind
::: it. I decide I'm going to do the grafitti thing again, [emotion now:
::: impudence] and I pull off my glove and write the word "SMILE" on
::: the damp dust on the back window. I start to draw multiple smilies,
::: and I can tell that I have both amused the kids in the car and
::: agitated the driver. But what the heck -- she intruded on my
::: personal space, so I see nothing wrong
::: with intruding on hers. And I'm being nice. I'm not writing, [ahem],
::: "*&%$
::: you", which could have been my sentiment. Instead, I'm writing
::: "smile", and
::: making happy faces.
:::
::: As it so happens, since the road is sort of downhilly as I said, and
::: there's
::: various lights and traffic, I end up being behind the Caddy for a
::: couple of
::: miles. My average speed was probably about 26, and the car would
::: start to pull away from me, but I'd catch up pretty easily, and
::: we'd be together again, idling at the next light. I could tell my
::: presence was really bugging
::: the driver, and the kids were egging me on.
:::
::: It was fun. I finally turned off to the right to climb Bel-Red
::: Road, and the
::: Caddy sped away.
:::
:::
:: Good response to a bad driver.

I disagree. She was lucky. A really bad driver could have acted in
such a
way to hurt Claire. Playing with cars is a bad idea, imo.

I won't argue that Claire was playing it dangerous but then a seriously
****ed off soccer mom in a car would have to chase Claire over bicycle
territory which includes sidewalks, park paths, and other car unfriendly
places. As long as Claire had a way out I am with her, just as long as
she wasn't sandwiched between two cars with both drivers with bad
attitudes.

--
Bill (not always politically correct) Baka
Old November 17th 04, 05:39 PM
Neil Brooks

Bill Baka wrote:

I won't argue that Claire was playing it dangerous but then a
seriously ****ed off soccer mom in a car would have to chase Claire
over bicycle territory which includes sidewalks, park paths, and
other car unfriendly places. As long as Claire had a way out I am
with her, just as long as she wasn't sandwiched between two cars with
both drivers with bad attitudes.

Dear Bill,

While I do note that you said, "As long as Claire had a way out . . . "

In this case, though, she was "right behind it . . . writ[ing] the word
"SMILE" on the damp
dust on the back window"

If the /wrong SUV driver/ were picked on the wrong day, here's the math:

Escalade + gear shift selector moved to "R" + light tap on the accelerator
pedal = flattened Claire.

Though the intent might only be to scare her, the results could be
disastrous.

Total time required: about 3s

Neil

Old November 17th 04, 06:39 PM
Bill Baka

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 17:39:36 GMT, Neil Brooks wrote:

Bill Baka wrote:

[...]

That is exactly why I try not to play vehicle except in left turn lanes.
On those you can easily keep up with the cars as they only get to about
10-15MPH turning. On a straight stretch I try to keep away.
Maybe Claire is just braver than I am.

--
Bill (not always politically correct) Baka
Old November 17th 04, 07:33 PM
David L. Johnson

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 10:39:17 -0800, Bill Baka wrote:

That is exactly why I try not to play vehicle except in left turn lanes.

"Play"*vehicle? Bicycles are vehicles.

--

David L. Johnson

__o | Do not worry about your difficulties in mathematics, I can
_`\(,_ | assure you that mine are all greater. -- A. Einstein
(_)/ (_) |

Old November 17th 04, 09:20 PM
FloridaBent

Bill Baka

wrote

As long as Claire had a way out I am with her

So, what you're saying is that if you can get away with it, it's OK?

Odd bit of morality.

Bill, riding bent in Florida
(hence the screen name)

I may be old and fat, but by golly,

I'm Slow!

To e-mail, remove undies
Old November 17th 04, 09:44 PM
Bill Baka

On 17 Nov 2004 21:20:32 GMT, FloridaBent wrote:

Bill Baka

wrote

As long as Claire had a way out I am with her

So, what you're saying is that if you can get away with it, it's OK?

Odd bit of morality.

Bill, riding bent in Florida
(hence the screen name)

I may be old and fat, but by golly,

I'm Slow!

To e-mail, remove undies

What morality? It sounds like the driver at least needed to be reminded to
wash the damn thing or Claire couldn't have drawn little smileys on it.

--
Bill (not always politically correct) Baka
Old November 17th 04, 10:01 PM
David Reuteler

Bill Baka wrote:
What morality? It sounds like the driver at least needed to be reminded to
wash the damn thing or Claire couldn't have drawn little smileys on it.

perhaps, but anytime you mess with someone else's property you're running
the risk of ****ing them off. warranted or not. there was definitely
some risk involved. claire (probably knowingly) took that chance and
it was undoubtedly mitigated by there being kids.

to put it into perspective (for me anyway) .. if i did that to an annoyed
boise ford pickup driver i would run a good chance of having my ass handed
to me. but then again i'm male.
--
david reuteler

Old November 17th 04, 10:42 PM
Bill Baka

On 17 Nov 2004 22:01:39 GMT, David Reuteler wrote:

Bill Baka wrote:
What morality? It sounds like the driver at least needed to be reminded
wash the damn thing or Claire couldn't have drawn little smileys on it.

perhaps, but anytime you mess with someone else's property you're running
the risk of ****ing them off. warranted or not. there was definitely
some risk involved. claire (probably knowingly) took that chance and
it was undoubtedly mitigated by there being kids.

to put it into perspective (for me anyway) .. if i did that to an annoyed
boise ford pickup driver i would run a good chance of having my ass
handed
to me. but then again i'm male.

Speaking as a male, I would probably just get off the bike and wait for
the guy to get out and justify me doing something. If I get whiffed by a
car it is an instant one finger salute and combat ready mode. One guy
almost took me up on it but figured I must be crazier than him so he
peeled out. When I am on the bike I take a dim view of those who risk MY
safety with their cage, also of dogs which I will turn around and chase
back into their yard. I haven't bitten a dog yet, but I haven't caught one
yet either.
My motorcycle rider handle was "Crazy Bill", go figure.

--
Bill (not always politically correct) Baka
Old November 17th 04, 10:58 PM
Neil Brooks

Bill Baka wrote:

Speaking as a male, I would probably just get off the bike and wait
for the guy to get out and justify me doing something. If I get
whiffed by a car it is an instant one finger salute and combat ready
mode.

Volunteers to ride with Bill?

Anybody?

Bueller??

Please forgive my ex. girl friend. B i l l S o r n s o n Mountain Biking 0 October 5th 04 02:41 AM
Volleyball Girl turns into Road Girl Richard Longwood Racing 12 August 28th 04 10:02 PM
Girl dies in cycle race Spider1977 Australia 16 February 11th 04 11:07 AM
horny girl want you! muxinghone Racing 2 September 4th 03 07:41 PM
horny girl want you! wenbaoxian Racing 2 August 4th 03 06:28 PM