Exeter road rage driver banned for mowing down cyclist in Tesco car park

Old August 1st 20, 03:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
colwyn[_2_]

Default Exeter road rage driver banned for mowing down cyclist in Tesco car park

On 01/08/2020 15:11, Kerr-Mudd,John wrote:
On Sat, 01 Aug 2020 12:03:06 GMT, TMS320 wrote:

On 28/07/2020 15:42, JNugent wrote:
On 28/07/2020 13:51, Pamela wrote:

I find carrying a heavy backpack will too.

Depends on the weight and how secure it is. Your personal experience
does not follow for everybody.

Centre of gravity raised.

And?

Of course, science doesn't affect cyclists.

Proper science does. Nugent science doesn't.

Nugent cares little for the laws of Momentum (until he has to stop
unexpectedly, of course)

You can't stop Nugent !
Old August 1st 20, 04:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pamela

On 13:03 1 Aug 2020, TMS320 said:

On 28/07/2020 15:42, JNugent wrote:
On 28/07/2020 13:51, Pamela wrote:

I find carrying a heavy backpack will too.

Depends on the weight and how secure it is. Your personal experience
does not follow for everybody.

Centre of gravity raised.

And?

Of course, science doesn't affect cyclists.

Proper science does. Nugent science doesn't.

Whenever I carried shopping or other goods in a rucksack while cycling, I
found the biggest problem was the inevitable shifting of the load.

Not only because it changed the balance but also because restoring its
position meant I would need to wriggle or writhe in a way which reduced
control.

Of course a cyclist should stop to do this but sometimes it would have to
be every 25 metres making a journey effectively impossible.
Old August 1st 20, 04:35 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_12_]

On 01/08/2020 15:11, Kerr-Mudd,John wrote:
On Sat, 01 Aug 2020 12:03:06 GMT, TMS320 wrote:

On 28/07/2020 15:42, JNugent wrote:
On 28/07/2020 13:51, Pamela wrote:

I find carrying a heavy backpack will too.

Depends on the weight and how secure it is. Your personal experience
does not follow for everybody.

Centre of gravity raised.

And?

Of course, science doesn't affect cyclists.

Proper science does. Nugent science doesn't.

Nugent cares little for the laws of Momentum (until he has to stop
unexpectedly, of course)

Childish.

Your lack of ability to argue on point speaks volumes about you.

Tell us again how raising your centre of gravity doesn't affect your
stability of balance when cycling.

Would it be just the same if a wardrobe were fastened to a roof rack on
an SUV?
Old August 1st 20, 04:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_12_]

On 01/08/2020 16:26, Pamela wrote:
On 13:03 1 Aug 2020, TMS320 said:

On 28/07/2020 15:42, JNugent wrote:
On 28/07/2020 13:51, Pamela wrote:

I find carrying a heavy backpack will too.

Depends on the weight and how secure it is. Your personal experience
does not follow for everybody.

Centre of gravity raised.

And?

Of course, science doesn't affect cyclists.

Proper science does. Nugent science doesn't.

Whenever I carried shopping or other goods in a rucksack while cycling, I
found the biggest problem was the inevitable shifting of the load.

Not only because it changed the balance but also because restoring its
position meant I would need to wriggle or writhe in a way which reduced
control.

Of course a cyclist should stop to do this but sometimes it would have to
be every 25 metres making a journey effectively impossible.

You know that. We all know it. But for some people, what they don't want
to know cannot possibly be true and must be resisted no matter what.

Old August 1st 20, 04:47 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

On Saturday, August 1, 2020 at 4:26:56 PM UTC+1, Pamela wrote:

Of course a cyclist should stop to do this but sometimes it would have to
be every 25 metres making a journey effectively impossible.

I achieved the "impossible" every day for 15 years then!
Old August 1st 20, 04:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_12_]

On 01/08/2020 16:47, Simon Mason wrote:

On Saturday, August 1, 2020 at 4:26:56 PM UTC+1, Pamela wrote:

Of course a cyclist should stop to do this but sometimes it would have to
be every 25 metres making a journey effectively impossible.

I achieved the "impossible" every day for 15 years then!

We all have an idea of how that ended up.

And didn't you (at least) once drive across half a continent with an
unroadworthy vehicle because you couldn't be bothered paying to have it
repaired?
Old August 1st 20, 07:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pamela

On 16:47 1 Aug 2020, Simon Mason said:

On Saturday, August 1, 2020 at 4:26:56 PM UTC+1, Pamela wrote:

Of course a cyclist should stop to do this but sometimes it would have to
be every 25 metres making a journey effectively impossible.

I achieved the "impossible" every day for 15 years then!

Are you saying that for 15 years you stopped every 25 metres while cycling?
Old August 1st 20, 08:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

On Saturday, August 1, 2020 at 7:37:14 PM UTC+1, Pamela wrote:
On 16:47 1 Aug 2020, Simon Mason said:

On Saturday, August 1, 2020 at 4:26:56 PM UTC+1, Pamela wrote:

Of course a cyclist should stop to do this but sometimes it would have to
be every 25 metres making a journey effectively impossible.

I achieved the "impossible" every day for 15 years then!

Are you saying that for 15 years you stopped every 25 metres while cycling?

I never needed to as my luggage, such as it was, never shifted in position as it was stored securely. You incorrectly stated that there must be an "inevitable shifting of the load", which was not true in my case.
Old August 2nd 20, 12:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pamela

On 20:05 1 Aug 2020, Simon Mason said:
On Saturday, August 1, 2020 at 7:37:14 PM UTC+1, Pamela wrote:
On 16:47 1 Aug 2020, Simon Mason said:

On Saturday, August 1, 2020 at 4:26:56 PM UTC+1, Pamela wrote:

Of course a cyclist should stop to do this but sometimes it would
have to be every 25 metres making a journey effectively impossible.

I achieved the "impossible" every day for 15 years then!

Are you saying that for 15 years you stopped every 25 metres while
cycling?

I never needed to as my luggage, such as it was, never shifted in
position as it was stored securely. You incorrectly stated that there
must be an "inevitable shifting of the load", which was not true in my
case.

I very much doubt even your "Scorpio powers" could secure typical groceries
in a rucksack so securely to prevent movement such that soft foods are not
damaged.

What you may mean is for 15 years you got away with it despite a sometimes
shifting load.

Old August 3rd 20, 08:52 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 01/08/2020 16:26, Pamela wrote:
On 13:03 1 Aug 2020, TMS320 said:
On 28/07/2020 15:42, JNugent wrote:
On 28/07/2020 13:51, Pamela wrote:

I find carrying a heavy backpack will too.

Depends on the weight and how secure it is. Your personal experience
does not follow for everybody.

Centre of gravity raised.

And?

Of course, science doesn't affect cyclists.

Proper science does. Nugent science doesn't.

Whenever I carried shopping or other goods in a rucksack while cycling, I
found the biggest problem was the inevitable shifting of the load.

That's a problem with the backpack, not about carrying a load on your back.

Not only because it changed the balance but also because restoring its
position meant I would need to wriggle or writhe in a way which reduced
control.
Of course a cyclist should stop to do this but sometimes it would

have to
be every 25 metres making a journey effectively impossible.

Use a better backpack.