Cyclist 1. Jogger 0

Old May 27th 15, 05:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Default Cyclist 1. Jogger 0

Peter was hit by the bicycle at 9am on Saturday on the Loan Footpath,
near its junction with Fergus Avenue.

Neither he nor the cyclist swapped details after the accident.

Peter was taken to St John’s Hospital, Livingston, then the Western
General in Edinburgh as his condition worsened.

At first, his injuries only appeared minor but he was later taken to
hospital where it was found he had serious brain injuries.

It’s understood that Peter was declared brain dead but was being kept
alive last night so his organs could be donated.

Last night, police were still trying to track down the cyclist involved
in the accident.

Police said: “We’re eager to trace the cyclist, described as a man in
his early twenties, and any witnesses.”

They added they were not expected to bring charges against the cyclist
as there is “no suggestion of any criminality”.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/sc...ribute-5763013
Old May 27th 15, 05:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

"Mrcheerful" wrote in message
[...]

Yet a car driver would be hung, drawn and quartered.
I sincerely hope that Peter's family and mates trace the cyclist before the
police do.

Old May 27th 15, 11:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Wednesday, May 27, 2015 at 5:49:07 PM UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Yet a car driver would be hung, drawn and quartered.
I sincerely hope that Peter's family and mates trace the cyclist before the
police do.

Typical motorist, use violence.

Surely this proves that runners need to wear helmets.

I hope the victim will just let this pass rather than claim off the jogger's fridge/freezer insurance,

Old May 28th 15, 08:27 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Lang

On 27/05/2015 23:39, Simon Jester wrote:
On Wednesday, May 27, 2015 at 5:49:07 PM UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Yet a car driver would be hung, drawn and quartered.
I sincerely hope that Peter's family and mates trace the cyclist before the
police do.

Typical motorist, use violence.

It's sometimes necessary to deal with scum that way.

Surely this proves that runners need to wear helmets.

What vehicle can they fall off?

I hope the victim will just let this pass rather than claim off the jogger's fridge/freezer insurance,

Joggers are more likely to have insurance than cyclists.
Old May 29th 15, 07:35 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Wed, 27 May 2015 17:01:26 +0100, Mrcheerful
wrote:

[...]

I love the question after the article:

"How many court cases are dropped per year due to insufficient evidence?