Rigid Forks?

Old August 11th 04, 07:40 PM
Doki

Default Rigid Forks?

Anyone know of a rigid MTB fork that's not made to be a super strong jump
fork? I want rid of my MTB's knackered RST fork until I've enough cash for a
better bike... Preferably something the right height to replace my old fork
and suitable for XC riding.

Old August 11th 04, 08:32 PM
bomba

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 19:40:59 +0100, Doki wrote:

Anyone know of a rigid MTB fork that's not made to be a super strong jump
fork? I want rid of my MTB's knackered RST fork until I've enough cash for a
better bike... Preferably something the right height to replace my old fork
and suitable for XC riding.

There are a few about. The Kinesis Maxlight, Kona Project 2 (triple butted
not the dirt jump versions) and the Pace RC31s.

I've just bought the P2s - they're on special offer at Wiggle if you're in
the UK.
Old August 12th 04, 12:14 AM
ellis

"Doki" wrote in message
Anyone know of a rigid MTB fork that's not made to be a super strong jump
fork? I want rid of my MTB's knackered RST fork until I've enough cash for

better bike... Preferably something the right height to replace my old

fork
and suitable for XC riding.

Go to any LBS, they should have them laying around the back for cheap. Make
sure it's not threaded and right size diameter (1 1/8). If it is, and the
steerer is long enough, just cut off the threaded part.

Old August 12th 04, 01:53 AM
Andrew Clark

I just gave a pair away after dusting off an old box full of parts. Syncros
made a rigid fork that was sligtly forgiving about 7 years ago, there might
be some around with another pair. Light weight but tough.

Andrew

Old August 12th 04, 02:40 AM
Stephen Baker

ellis says:

Go to any LBS, they should have them laying around the back for cheap. Make
sure it's not threaded and right size diameter (1 1/8). If it is, and the
steerer is long enough, just cut off the threaded part.

And whatever you get, make sure it is "suspension corrected" for the travel you
used to have. Otherwise you'll suffer from a change in geometry, and may not
like the bike itself anymore.. ;-)

Steve
Old August 12th 04, 02:42 AM
ellis

"Stephen Baker" wrote in message
ellis says:

Go to any LBS, they should have them laying around the back for cheap.

Make
sure it's not threaded and right size diameter (1 1/8). If it is, and

the
steerer is long enough, just cut off the threaded part.

And whatever you get, make sure it is "suspension corrected" for the

travel you
used to have. Otherwise you'll suffer from a change in geometry, and may

not
like the bike itself anymore.. ;-)

Steve

Good point!

Old August 12th 04, 04:37 PM
supabonbon

bomba wrote in message . ..
On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 19:40:59 +0100, Doki wrote:

Anyone know of a rigid MTB fork that's not made to be a super strong jump
fork? I want rid of my MTB's knackered RST fork until I've enough cash for a
better bike... Preferably something the right height to replace my old fork
and suitable for XC riding.

There are a few about. The Kinesis Maxlight, Kona Project 2 (triple butted
not the dirt jump versions) and the Pace RC31s.

I've just bought the P2s - they're on special offer at Wiggle if you're in
the UK.

I've got a bike with the p2's. They're nice.

/s
Old August 12th 04, 05:48 PM
JD

"Doki" wrote in message ...
Anyone know of a rigid MTB fork that's not made to be a super strong jump
fork? I want rid of my MTB's knackered RST fork until I've enough cash for a
better bike... Preferably something the right height to replace my old fork
and suitable for XC riding.

Surly. Relatively light, strong and inexpensive at around $50.

JD