Opinions solicited (non tech)

Old July 17th 03, 03:51 PM
Chris

Default Opinions solicited (non tech)

"ajames54" wrote in message

So what do you think?
I'm impressed and FWIW I doubt he is on any drug that the rest
are not either on or able to be on...

I think Mr. Roche is being a bit petty ..

I've never heard words like "doping" used regarding Hamilton's
efforts...only words like "heroic" and "amazing." As much attention as
cycling is paying to drug usage, Hamilton wouldn't be riding now if he were
jacked up.

Screw Roche. Personally, I probably couldn't even finish a mountain stage
under the maximum time, or ride to the grocery store with a
freshly-compound-fractured collarbone. Let alone both at the same time.
He's incredible.

I remember OLN saying something about Hamilton couldn't even take aspirins
for the pain - the rules were that strict. I think if they checked for
aspirins, they'd be able to find everything else Roche suspects him of
taking.

Chris

Old July 17th 03, 04:31 PM
Derk

As much attention as
cycling is paying to drug usage, Hamilton wouldn't be riding now if he
were jacked up.

I read that his collar bone isn't broken, but a small crack was found in an
Xray.

Furthermore, he is being treated by a Danish guy who claims he can speed up
healing by directing energy flows in the body. Well.....he seems to have
succesfully treated a ballet danser in NY and has many followers in
Denmark.

Greets, Derk
Old July 17th 03, 09:56 PM
Phil, Squid-in-Training

"But I think all he and his team are doing is giving the public a
gun to shoot us with.

Jealousy, perhaps?

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Old July 17th 03, 10:42 PM
Chris

"Derk" wrote in message
As much attention as
cycling is paying to drug usage, Hamilton wouldn't be riding now if he
were jacked up.

I read that his collar bone isn't broken, but a small crack was found in

an
Xray.

OLN reported it was a compound fracture - two full breaks. Anybody have
real info?

Furthermore, he is being treated by a Danish guy who claims he can speed

up
healing by directing energy flows in the body. Well.....he seems to have
succesfully treated a ballet danser in NY and has many followers in
Denmark.

Energy flow...like that Reki (sp?) massage. That stuff is ridiculous.

Chris

Old July 17th 03, 10:58 PM
Werehatrack

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 10:14:08 -0400, ajames54
may have said:

So what do you think?
I'm impressed and FWIW I doubt he is on any drug that the rest
are not either on or able to be on...

I think Mr. Roche is being a bit petty ..

It's hard for me to have a strong opinion either way; I don't know the
circumstances well enough to be able to judge if there's stubborn
determination of utter foolhardiness driving Hamilton. My take: He's
probably doing no harm. Trashing him for trying is, in my opinion,
gratuitous and, as you say, petty.

--
My email address is antispammed;
pull WEEDS if replying via e-mail.
Old July 17th 03, 11:13 PM
dr. dave

Chris wrote:
"Derk" wrote in message

As much attention as
cycling is paying to drug usage, Hamilton wouldn't be riding now if he
were jacked up.

I read that his collar bone isn't broken, but a small crack was found in

an

Xray.

OLN reported it was a compound fracture - two full breaks. Anybody have
real info?

We were always taught in first aide classes that a compound fracture is one where
the jagged end of the borken bone is sticking out through a hole in the skin. I do
not think that is what he has.