Your favourite piece of VINTAGE BICYCLE equipment?

Old June 25th 14, 11:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default Your favourite piece of VINTAGE BICYCLE equipment?

On Monday, June 23, 2014 2:27:38 AM UTC+1, jbeattie wrote:

It is so hard to put aside the competitive instinct or the rush to complete whatever task lies ahead and just look at the scenery -- at least for me.. But this time of year, regardless of what is looping through my brain, the scenery seems to take over, and I sit up in my saddle and think, God damn, this is gorgeous.

Allow me to introduce you to North Road handlebars, and the pleasures of riding on a saddle lower than your handlebars.

Andre Jute
Trendsetter
Old June 25th 14, 11:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Wednesday, June 25, 2014 11:46:33 PM UTC+1, Phil W Lee wrote:
Sir Ridesalot considered Sat, 21 Jun 2014

06:04:38 -0700 (PDT) the perfect time to write:

On Saturday, June 21, 2014 8:45:12 AM UTC-4, wrote:

H-D isnot TT nor MTB nor nor

H-D is BLVD

FTM, BMW TT isnot BMW Touring or Police..

anyway Honda and Yamaha run BMW Sport into the ground.

BBBBBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRR vs

YYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAA

Is it that hard for you motorcycle guys to start your own thread rather than continually hijacking BICYCLING threads?

Cheers

You can always ignore this sub-thread if you want to.

Thread drift has always been part of usenet.

Thread drift is one thing. Netscum like Daniels deliberately wrecking threads because he thinks we're not paying enough attention to his stupidities is quite another thing, and should be stamped on before it becomes the norm.

A little common courtesy from everyone else would not come amiss either, especially after the OP asked that the motorcycle people start their own thread.

Andre Jute
Old June 26th 14, 03:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Wednesday, June 25, 2014 6:46:33 PM UTC-4, Phil W Lee wrote:
Sir Ridesalot considered Sat, 21 Jun 2014

06:04:38 -0700 (PDT) the perfect time to write:

On Saturday, June 21, 2014 8:45:12 AM UTC-4, wrote:

H-D isnot TT nor MTB nor nor

H-D is BLVD

FTM, BMW TT isnot BMW Touring or Police..

anyway Honda and Yamaha run BMW Sport into the ground.

BBBBBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRR vs

YYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAA

Is it that hard for you motorcycle guys to start your own thread rather than continually hijacking BICYCLING threads?

Cheers

You can always ignore this sub-thread if you want to.

Thread drift has always been part of usenet.

When people continually hijack threads then it's beyond annoying. It's downright rude.

I've basically given up here and doubt if I'll be starting any more threads.. What's the sense in starting aa topic if it just gets highjacked in only a few replies? People want to talk motorcycles in a bicycle thread where the OP is trying to get some bicycle related info. I just don't understand why those people don''t simply start their own thread. Laziness on the thread hijacker's part perhaps?

Cheers
Old June 26th 14, 11:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Thursday, June 26, 2014 12:20:24 AM UTC+1, Phil W Lee wrote:

You must be thinking of Motorcycle Grand Prix, which is competed on

circuits created for the purpose, not normal roads like the IoM TT.

*and"

"This message will be removed from Groups in 6 days (Jul 3)."

That's good, Phil, otherwise people might conclude you have the sensitivity of an earthworm.

I've made a motorbike thread and stocked it with snacks, just for you.

Andre Jute

Vintage BSA bicycle Coaster Techniques 8 November 4th 08 08:00 PM
Vintage bicycle value Andy Techniques 2 September 15th 07 04:38 PM
Bicycle as conversation piece Kristian M Zoerhoff General 8 June 13th 06 02:06 AM
Converting 1 piece crank to 3 piece meb Techniques 1 June 1st 05 03:06 AM
Single piece crank to 3 piece conversion Ken Marcet Techniques 3 November 17th 04 07:41 PM