Death by Prius

Old June 20th 14, 02:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
(PeteCresswell)

Default Death by Prius

Per Sir Ridesalot:
Getting hit from behind in daylight on a clear day on a road with good visibility also happens more often than some people will admit. It also seems to be happening more frequently.

Dunno how valid it was - and the numbers sound awfully convenient/cute -
but somewhere I saw the assertion that 30 percent of people under 30
admit to texting while driving within 30 days of the survey.

I'd think that texting and doing email while trying to drive would
increasing as the use of smart phones increase.

--
Pete Cresswell
Old June 20th 14, 03:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

slowly he turned...

http://americasmarkets.usatoday.com/...vidson-shares/

Old June 20th 14, 04:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

http://goo.gl/efZFWP
Old June 20th 14, 12:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 6/19/2014 7:37 PM, John B. wrote:
On Thu, 19 Jun 2014 06:53:54 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

Sneaking up on a cyclist with a stealth assault weapon,
running him down and then fleeing the scene.

No charges filed.

http://ktla.com/2014/06/18/cyclist-5...but-not-cited/

I note with sadness that the report skips the usual
'wearing/not wearing headgear' line in favor of 'no bicycle
lane'. We've come to this...

It just goes to show how dangerous these new-fangled 'lectric cars
are. If it had been one of them big 'cicles that Frank was bitching
about the bicycle guy would have heared him coming and could have
dodged.

Need the proper headgear :

http://www.hotleathers.com/Assets/Pr...ge/KHB1015.jpg

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old June 20th 14, 12:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 6/19/2014 8:05 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Sir Ridesalot:
Getting hit from behind in daylight on a clear day on a road with good visibility also happens more often than some people will admit. It also seems to be happening more frequently.

Dunno how valid it was - and the numbers sound awfully convenient/cute -
but somewhere I saw the assertion that 30 percent of people under 30
admit to texting while driving within 30 days of the survey.

I'd think that texting and doing email while trying to drive would
increasing as the use of smart phones increase.

No need to check the engine and airspeed gauges, just
concentrate on your telephone:

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/...85061565368992

Old June 20th 14, 01:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 6/19/2014 9:48 PM, wrote:
slowly he turned...

http://americasmarkets.usatoday.com/...vidson-shares/

I saw that on the radio. Harley riders and shop owners when
interviewed all said it sounded efficient and innovative.

And added that they wanted no part of it.

Old June 20th 14, 02:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_3_]

On 6/20/2014 7:59 AM, AMuzi wrote:
On 6/19/2014 8:05 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Sir Ridesalot:
Getting hit from behind in daylight on a clear day on a road with
good visibility also happens more often than some people will admit.
It also seems to be happening more frequently.

Dunno how valid it was - and the numbers sound awfully convenient/cute -
but somewhere I saw the assertion that 30 percent of people under 30
admit to texting while driving within 30 days of the survey.

I'd think that texting and doing email while trying to drive would
increasing as the use of smart phones increase.

No need to check the engine and airspeed gauges, just concentrate on
your telephone:

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/...85061565368992

There was a stink here in Montreal when a passenger on a bus took a
video of the bus driver texting while driving.

Myself, I had a clown run into me at a stop sign and when he got out of
the car he was holding his hand up signalling me to wait while he
finished his text. I nearly fed him the frigging phone. I was on my
bike at that same corner the day before and it would have been more than
a scratched bumper if he'd showed up then.

It must be cool to be so important that you can't stop texting whoever
you're texting to in order to apologize for rear ending someone...
Old June 20th 14, 07:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Radey

Duane writes:

[...]

The MBTA just upped the penalty for *possession* of a cell phone by
drivers while on duty to 30 days off and recommended firing, after a
recent bus crash by a driver on the phone.

http://goo.gl/A9yS1y

http://www.bostonglobe.com/2014/06/1...6FI/story.html

It's amazing to me that a professional driver can't be trusted to keep a
cell phone in his pocket without playing with it, but I guess that's how
the future turned out.

Old June 20th 14, 09:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_3_]

On 6/20/2014 2:51 PM, Radey wrote:
Duane writes:

[...]

The ones here think that they can get away with anything. They busted
one not too long ago for picking up his girl friend and driving with her
on his lap.
Old June 20th 14, 11:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
ROADHOG

tttttttttttttttttttttttt

?

http://www.hdhistory.com/harley-davi...ile-from-1990/

If you own a H-D, I can almost guarantee you are a pain in the ass.

Death Wish Simon Weissel UK 71 July 8th 13 12:26 PM
Prius= "Clean Air Vehicle?" What are we then? Mike Jacoubowsky General 1 May 28th 11 02:56 AM
From 4x4 to Prius to Bike. Simon Mason UK 0 August 18th 06 12:47 PM
ANyone fail cast tender eye, death be to you, death come quickly whoreBanger Australia 0 June 3rd 06 11:47 AM
Toyota Prius 2005 bike rack zemaits General 12 April 30th 05 01:17 AM