Advances in BICYCLING gear that made bicycle popular?

Old June 23rd 14, 05:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Advances in BICYCLING gear that made bicycle popular?

yeah that's my experience going south down 35 or 1 .....

but you know you have days like that.....

Old June 23rd 14, 11:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

On 23/06/14 21:35, Duane wrote:

I know. My point was that this was no longer the case, even when I was a
kid but I don't think it had much to do with the utilitarian aspect of
bikes. More to do with fun riding a bike. I guess for kids, the ability to
get around is utilitarian but if it wasn't fun to begin with ...

One of my favourite past times is fishing, and hunting with bow and
arrows. I used to ride to hunting grounds, sometimes 15-20km away in my
teens.

--
JS
Old June 23rd 14, 11:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

yawl too thickheaded for subtlety

not enough baked wallaby

http://goo.gl/AKD4kQ
Old June 23rd 14, 11:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Monday, June 23, 2014 6:45:45 PM UTC-4, wrote:
yawl too thickheaded for subtlety

not enough baked wallaby

http://goo.gl/AKD4kQ

TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

SPPRONG..

http://goo.gl/vzXnhm
Old June 23rd 14, 11:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_4_]

James wrote:
On 23/06/14 21:35, Duane wrote:

I know. My point was that this was no longer the case, even when I was a
kid but I don't think it had much to do with the utilitarian aspect of
bikes. More to do with fun riding a bike. I guess for kids, the ability to
get around is utilitarian but if it wasn't fun to begin with ...

One of my favourite past times is fishing, and hunting with bow and
arrows. I used to ride to hunting grounds, sometimes 15-20km away in my teens.

We used to ride down to the bayous with our crawfish nets. And back
sometime with a sack of crawfish strapped on the handle bars. But this
was only because we did everything on bikes.

--
duane
Old June 24th 14, 12:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Dan O

On Monday, June 23, 2014 3:52:12 PM UTC-7, Duane wrote:
James wrote:
On 23/06/14 21:35, Duane wrote:

snip

... even when I was a
kid but I don't think it had much to do with the utilitarian aspect of
bikes. More to do with fun riding a bike. I guess for kids, the ability to
get around is utilitarian but if it wasn't fun to begin with ...

One of my favourite past times is fishing, and hunting with bow and
arrows. I used to ride to hunting grounds, sometimes 15-20km away in my teens.

We used to ride down to the bayous with our crawfish nets. And back
sometime with a sack of crawfish strapped on the handle bars. But this
was only because we did everything on bikes.

Now that is a wonderful picture!