shimano spd 540 problem

Old August 26th 09, 03:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mark Cleary[_2_]

Default shimano spd 540 problem

I bought these today because my current have only one side to clip in
and I could use both. Well I get them out and loosen the adjustment and
went too far the whole thing came apart. I have been at this 3 hours and
I know how is suppose to go back but how do you get the spring to go in
and everything line up? IT can't be that difficult is there some special
tool or vise you need, this is crazy?
--
Deacon Mark Cleary
Epiphany Roman Catholic Church
Old August 26th 09, 05:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Dan O

On Aug 25, 7:47 pm, Mark Cleary wrote:
I bought these today because my current have only one side to clip in
and I could use both. Well I get them out and loosen the adjustment and
went too far the whole thing came apart. I have been at this 3 hours and
I know how is suppose to go back but how do you get the spring to go in
and everything line up? IT can't be that difficult is there some special
tool or vise you need, this is crazy?

I'm praying for you.

Old August 26th 09, 09:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
M-gineering

Mark Cleary wrote:
I bought these today because my current have only one side to clip in
and I could use both. Well I get them out and loosen the adjustment and
went too far the whole thing came apart. I have been at this 3 hours and
I know how is suppose to go back but how do you get the spring to go in
and everything line up? IT can't be that difficult is there some special
tool or vise you need, this is crazy?

Remove the hingepin, re assemble everything, offer the hinge to the
pedalbody, push a bit further til the holes align and reinsert the pin
--
/Marten

info(apestaartje)m-gineering(punt)nl
Old August 26th 09, 11:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mark Cleary[_2_]

RonSonic wrote:
On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 21:47:36 -0500, Mark Cleary wrote:

I bought these today because my current have only one side to clip in
and I could use both. Well I get them out and loosen the adjustment and
went too far the whole thing came apart. I have been at this 3 hours and
I know how is suppose to go back but how do you get the spring to go in
and everything line up? IT can't be that difficult is there some special
tool or vise you need, this is crazy?

I don't know. Never did it.

Someone warned me about that and I listened.

Vise, cable ties, needle nose pliers, a third and fourth hand, burnt offerings?

Maybe, just maybe the shop you bought them from will take pity and change them
out for you whether they are obliged to or not.

The century I wanted to ride I could be done with it given the I spent
figuring it out and trying. Not worth the effort but my guitar repair
background requires I attempt to figure out all the parts. It is easier
to repair a broken neck on the guitar than attempt this at least the
glue would be drying.

--
Deacon Mark Cleary
Epiphany Roman Catholic Church

Problem with Shimano Nexus 8 Tvrtko Ursulin Techniques 4 May 27th 08 07:54 AM
Shimano 515 SPD Problem Bailes Techniques 32 May 17th 05 04:21 AM
Shimano 515 SPD Problem [email protected] Mountain Biking 28 May 16th 05 05:15 PM
Shimano EZ Fire Problem batesy UK 2 September 12th 03 08:57 PM
Problem with Shimano R-535 wheelset Mark Wolfe Techniques 7 August 24th 03 01:20 PM