Mountain Biking: "Such sports do not accomplish anything socially useful"

Old February 15th 09, 09:57 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Bill Z.

Default Mountain Biking: "Such sports do not accomplish anything socially useful"

Mike Vandeman writes:

On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 09:58:01 -0800, "Jeff Strickland"
wrote:

"Chris" wrote in message
On Feb 14, 8:01 pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:
That's an established FACT, which you would know, if you knew ANYTHING
about biology. Seehttp://home.pacbell.net/mjvande/roads1.

It is more telling that your degree is NOT in biology. It is also
telling that you cannot produce any sources other than your own
website to support your assertion, which references another article
written under an assumed name with no citations at all.You know
nothing about science Mike.

A Ph.D. is a science degree. DUH! What is YOUR degree in, retard?

I know a person with a Ph.D. in history. Is history now considered
to be a science?

--
My real name backwards: nemuaZ lliB
Old February 16th 09, 12:05 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Jeff Strickland

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message

I have a Ph.D. in science. You have NOTHING. One doesn't need a degree
in a subject to be an expert in it, but you have NEITHER.

You have a PhD from a Cracker Jack box.

Old February 16th 09, 12:07 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Jeff Strickland

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 09:53:27 -0800, "Jeff Strickland"
wrote:

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
. ..
Mike would have us believe that the mere presence of the route is
damage,
and this is too dangerous to ignore. He is working to make your
legislators
believe that the mere presence of a route is damage. That is the danger.

That's an established FACT, which you would know, if you knew ANYTHING
about biology. See http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande/roads1.
--

I rest my case.

You don't have a case to rest. ORVers are BY FAR the lowest form of
human, if they can even be considered human. "Throw-back" is the term
that comes to mind.

QED

Old February 16th 09, 12:49 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

wrote:

"Chris" wrote in message
On Feb 14, 8:01 pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:
That's an established FACT, which you would know, if you knew ANYTHING
about biology. Seehttp://home.pacbell.net/mjvande/roads1.

It is more telling that your degree is NOT in biology. It is also
telling that you cannot produce any sources other than your own
website to support your assertion, which references another article
written under an assumed name with no citations at all.You know
nothing about science Mike.

A Ph.D. is a science degree. DUH! What is YOUR degree in, retard?

I know a person with a Ph.D. in history. Is history now considered
to be a science?

You know what I meant: " A Ph.D in Psychology".

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old February 16th 09, 01:04 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 13:55:25 -0800, (Bill
Z.) wrote:

Mike Vandeman writes:

On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 11:37:32 -0800,
(Bill
Z.) wrote:

Mike Vandeman writes:

On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 00:14:47 -0800 (PST), Chris
wrote:

On Feb 14, 8:01*pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:
That's an established FACT, which you would know, if you knew ANYTHING
about biology. Seehttp://home.pacbell.net/mjvande/roads1.

It is more telling that your degree is NOT in biology.

Irrelevant. Unlike you, I can be an expert in more than one subject,
which is why I have been invited to present papers at numerous
scientific conferences, including conferences on conservation biology.

Then you should be able to produce a citation to the conference
proceedings. Why don't you provide a few - real citations, not
a URL to some random web site such as your own.

Most conferences don't have a conference proceedings, which you would
know if you ever attended one. You are pretty pathetic, if you can't
do your own homework, and look them up.

ROTFMAO. Mike, you don't have a clue. Try Sigcomm, Infocom, or any
of the major conferences and they have conference proceedings.
Otherwise attendees from universities would not have a publication to
cite and wouldn't bother to attend.

BS. We were talking about SCIENCE. Those are professional conferences,
not scientific conferences.

You by contrast, are claiming to have given talks at conferences
but can't or won't give a citation, and expect others to find it.
Why is that? Is it so that, when nobody finds anything, you can
just claim the search was inadequate?

Either produce citations to the papers or be taken to be a liar.

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old February 16th 09, 02:39 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Bill Z.

wrote:

On Feb 14, 8:01Â*pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:
[...]

Sigh. Those are conferences geared towards researchers, including
ones at a variety of universities. These are not trade shows with
some attached talks. I've given talks at both in an area where
under 25 percent of the papers submitted are accepted, and where
most are from people working at universities.

You by contrast, are claiming to have given talks at conferences
but can't or won't give a citation, and expect others to find it.
Why is that? Is it so that, when nobody finds anything, you can
just claim the search was inadequate?

Either produce citations to the papers or be taken to be a liar.

Note Vandeman's lack of a response. :-)

--
My real name backwards: nemuaZ lliB
Old February 16th 09, 03:44 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

wrote:

[...]

Except you.

Then how do you explain your lack of understanding of mountain biking
impacts, IN SPITE of having all the information readily available to
you?

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old February 16th 09, 05:18 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Jeff Strickland

You do not hold a degree in environmental science.

Your degree only explains why you are considered a nutcase by everybody
else. The irony is, we don't need a dgree in psychology to know you need a
shrink, and yoiu have a degree in psychology, and you don't seem to know
that you need a shrink. Your degree doesn't seem to help you on very many
fronts.

Old February 17th 09, 01:55 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment

Default Extreme Environmentalism "Such activities do not accomplishanything socially useful"

How it is that everyone in the entire world...except mikey is a
liar...what a small little world you live in bubble boy! And no.
Everything I posted is not a lie. They have all been proven over and
over in the threads. You lied many a times or just avoid the topics
because if you answer...you lie. You do indeed work for a destructive
corporation...unless they fired you nutcase ass too like the sierra
club booted you. and that is a fact!

So how did you get to and from Australia from Berkely?
avoidance...quick. avoid the question artful dodger! Did you take a
non-powered sailboat...nope. You flew. You do indeed state in a prior
thread that you walked to the airport. do not deny. You liar. You most
certainly did claim to write a book of mountain biking. It is also in
a prior thread. Lie. and you don't know me at all so don't claim you
do. I have proven any claims that I make. That's a fact. Regarding the
picture...damn right it isn't you. You're a flaming fat ass wanna be
that picks the smallest cause to jump on the bandwagon...you're a
loser.
Old February 17th 09, 01:57 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment

Irrelevant. Unlike you, I can be an expert in more than one subject,
which is why I have been invited to present papers at numerous
scientific conferences, including conferences on conservation biology.

And these would be conferences you walked to again? liar. You're a
movie of the week....