Tony Melton on primetime national TV news!

Old January 4th 04, 07:02 AM
GizmoDuck

Default Tony Melton on primetime national TV news!

I just about choked on my Coffee when I was half-heartedly watching the
6 o'clock news tonight. I saw this wheel being ridden along a wall...I
looked closer and turned the volume up and sure enough it was our very
own Tony Melton!

It was a good three minute segment with an interview interspersed
between shots of Tony doing stairs, drops and some pretty cool urban
street stuff!

No I didn't have time to stick the tape in but will tape the late news
tonight in case they show that segment again.

That's probably the best unicycle segment I've seen on prime time 6
o'clock news so far! Good on ya Tony!

Ken

--
GizmoDuck - Adventure unicyclist

o-kO

"She's not qualified to stitch wounds, and there are no doctors in, so I
then drive 25 odd miles to Nottingham's main hospital and wait for
several hours before an even nicer nurse applies seven stitches."

Mikefule: advocating full face helmets

Old January 4th 04, 07:12 AM
TonyMelton

Yep, it was me. I was going to post here earlier that I was on TV
tonight, but I forgot about the 3 hour time difference between NZ and
Australia. (I'm in Brisbane right now). I'm glad at least one kiwi rider
saw it!

The TVNZ guy who interviewed me will send me a tape of the article so I
can relive my 15s of fame again and again!

Laters,
Tony

--
TonyMelton - NZUNi

The first NZUNi Weekend - October 25-27, Wellington. More info at
'www.unicycle.co.nz' (http://www.unicycle.co.nz)

'My Photo Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albur10) has new
photos and has been generally re-arranged and spruced up. 9/9/03

TonyMelton's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2118

Old January 4th 04, 07:13 AM
pete66

I taped the whole thing, I'm just trying to sort out how to work my old
TV capture card...

--
pete66 - Level 3 Unicyclist
pete66's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4812

Old January 4th 04, 07:17 AM
smiley-ryan

Congrats Tony!
I always knew you would be a star.
-Ryan Woessner

--
smiley-ryan - The World Champ!
smiley-ryan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/727

Old January 4th 04, 07:42 AM
pete66

I'll just leave it till tomorrow and I'll plug my VCR into my laptop via
a digital video camera. So the rest of world should receive delayed
coverage of NZs most extreme uni rider!

Old January 4th 04, 11:42 AM
GizmoDuck

TonyMelton wrote:
*The TVNZ guy who interviewed me will send me a tape of the article so
I can relive my 15s of fame again and again!

Tony *

That was more like three minutes than 15secs. Which puts you in
negative balance. You will pay for it later

Old January 5th 04, 05:05 AM
Rowan

Damnit, I missed it. I can't be bothered sitting around watching TV all
day so I haven't been watching the news. I have heard from quite a few
people who saw it though, asking me if I had seen it. Good on ya Tony!

--
Rowan - Bald Unicycler
Rowan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3772

Old January 5th 04, 09:56 AM
pete66

I won't be able to get hold of a digital vid camera till wednesday so
I'll upload it when I get the chance. Shame my TV Capture card seems to
have died...

Old January 7th 04, 10:12 AM
pete66

Damn it!! I got all the equipment together and had it all ready to go
and just found out that someone taped over it!