Great News!

Old August 3rd 06, 05:09 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Tamyka Bell

Default Great News!

As of today, I no longer own a car. Sold to the first interested party.
I am a cyclist only!

Tam
Old August 3rd 06, 05:11 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Bleve

Tamyka Bell wrote:
As of today, I no longer own a car. Sold to the first interested party.
I am a cyclist only!

you'll want one of the utility bikes I'm making up then

We're getting old girlsframe hybrids, and welding in a carrier at the
back for a a big black plastic tub. Perfect for shopping

Tam

Old August 3rd 06, 05:29 AM posted to aus.bicycle
TimC

On 2006-08-03, Bleve (aka Bruce)
Tamyka Bell wrote:
As of today, I no longer own a car. Sold to the first interested party.
I am a cyclist only!

Yay!

I'm going to offset your action in a month time (I signed the job
paperwork lastnight; starting 18 Sep), as I'll be requiring some sort
of motorised horse until such time as I deem myself fit enough to ride
up 1+x[1] mountains a day.

you'll want one of the utility bikes I'm making up then

We're getting old girlsframe hybrids, and welding in a carrier at the
back for a a big black plastic tub. Perfect for shopping

Offer- ornament- asian bike with seat in front- Bayswater nth

the ones where the little dude sits at the back and the people sit at front
being pushed by him/her,
Pickup only,
Cheers,
Martina

[1] where x is an undetermined number -- I seem to recall a couple of
climbs rated cat 1 in the ol' Mitsu****i Colt, I don't know what
they'll be rated for on an OCR3.

--
TimC
Old August 3rd 06, 05:30 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Tamyka Bell

Bleve wrote:

Tamyka Bell wrote:
As of today, I no longer own a car. Sold to the first interested party.
I am a cyclist only!

you'll want one of the utility bikes I'm making up then

We're getting old girlsframe hybrids, and welding in a carrier at the
back for a a big black plastic tub. Perfect for shopping

I need to put a pic of my shopping bike on the blog. It's a ladies
malvern star with a big milk crate on the specially mounted rear rack.
Bargain from the hard rubbish collection with a few upgrades.

Old August 3rd 06, 05:32 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Tamyka Bell

On 2006-08-03, Bleve (aka Bruce)
Tamyka Bell wrote:
As of today, I no longer own a car. Sold to the first interested party.
I am a cyclist only!

Yay!

I'm going to offset your action in a month time (I signed the job
paperwork lastnight; starting 18 Sep), as I'll be requiring some sort
of motorised horse until such time as I deem myself fit enough to ride
up 1+x[1] mountains a day.

I am going to spend the money on a scooter because I already own 4
bicycles. I know, that should be 5, but I didn't get enough for the car
to buy a worthwhile bike!

Offer- ornament- asian bike with seat in front- Bayswater nth

the ones where the little dude sits at the back and the people sit at front
being pushed by him/her,
Pickup only,
Cheers,
Martina

Dear God, that sounds awesome!
Old August 3rd 06, 07:18 AM posted to aus.bicycle
asterope

good on you for going car-less! its a great feeling to be *almost* free
of the shackles of the oil bowser

and good idea on the scooter, ive had mine for just over 6 months and
its more than enough to get me to work and back every week and do the
shopping... plus those $2 coins you get back in change from your
morning coffee end up being petrol money... $5 fuel = a week on a
scooter

with the money you save on rego and insurance and fuel you will be able
to afford another bike in no time

--
asterope

Old August 3rd 06, 07:27 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Tamyka Bell

asterope wrote:

good on you for going car-less! its a great feeling to be *almost* free
of the shackles of the oil bowser

and good idea on the scooter, ive had mine for just over 6 months and
its more than enough to get me to work and back every week and do the
shopping... plus those $2 coins you get back in change from your
morning coffee end up being petrol money... $5 fuel = a week on a
scooter

with the money you save on rego and insurance and fuel you will be able
to afford another bike in no time

Given that $5 a week is about what I used to spend on fuel in my car, I
won't be saving heaps on fuel. It's the rego, insurance, and servicing
that I want to save money on. Also, it's that little bit more reason to
ride my bike, even if the weather looks threatening. Looking forward to
getting a nice shiny Merlin... one day. Or maybe that Izoard. (I'm past
the L'una.) No, think I want the Ti number...

Tam
Old August 3rd 06, 08:30 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Donga

Tamyka Bell wrote:
Looking forward to
getting a nice shiny Merlin... one day. Or maybe that Izoard. (I'm past
the L'una.) No, think I want the Ti number...

Careful, you can't stop at one!

Donga

Old August 3rd 06, 09:15 AM posted to aus.bicycle
dave

On 2006-08-03, Bleve (aka Bruce)

Tamyka Bell wrote:

[...]

Want me to check out an old GSX for you. If its still for sale it wont
cost much and its learner legal and I know the history

Dave
Old August 3rd 06, 02:54 PM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb

Tamyka Bell Wrote:
Looking forward to
getting a nice shiny Merlin... one day. Or maybe that Izoard. (I'm
past
the L'una.) No, think I want the Ti number...

NOOOOOO! The Merlin Cielo is mine! All mine I tell you! You can't have
one before me! /end tantie

--
cfsmtb