Triton Sponge frames... titanium trials.

Old September 17th 07, 01:29 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
timbob1907

Default Triton Sponge frames... titanium trials.

Thats a really nice frame! Sucks that they put the threads on the wrong
side. But still... thats just minor and those frames are awsome.
I'm sure he'll find someone to try out his frames without you guys
arguing about who can break stuff the best. Personally I think if you
break stuff you have a problem. Id rather have as few problems as
possible and I definitally wouldnt boast about them.

--
timbob1907

forrestunifreak wrote:
I'm addicted to placebo's. I should stop taking them, but it wouldn't
matter anyway.

fluxusmaximus wrote:
It looks like some deranged mad-man going berserk with a heavy metal
object.

(\_/)
O 0
()This is bunny. Copy bunny into your signature, help him on his way
to world domination.
'CarbonFibreSeat!'
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 17th 07, 01:46 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

Eddbmxdude wrote:
Ha Ha Ha! That is ****ing hilarious, coming from someone that I have
only ever seen hop down a few stairs!

Skrobo, the keyboard warrior!
Damn, Now I remember why your on my ignore list!

Edd

Wow, your really behind with the video sections then arent
you?

The frame looks sweet. I was going to mention Joe as a tester, seeing
how you guys are close to eachother and all, but then I am not sure how
his Koxx sponsorship will react with that. From what I have read, they
are pretty strict with what you ride.

The frame looks sweet, will probably perform amazingly too, but, for
me, as of now, my KH frame is still light, and still strong enough for
me. Your frame will be (Ill know after the testing period is done and
start to see how well it holds up) an option if my KH ever breaks.

--
Jerrick

~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot
more!~*~
'!Gallery!' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
'!MRIS!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)
'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)
My sponsor '~!SIXSIXONE!~' (http://sixsixone.com/)
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 17th 07, 03:01 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Borgschulze

Jerrick wrote:
Your frame will be (Ill know after the testing period is done and start
to see how well it holds up) an option if my KH ever breaks.

If I have the money for the frame.. it is going to be the only option
of mine. It's so sexy I couldn't turn it down.

I can't wait to see it with a wheel mounted.

--
Borgschulze

'deviantART'
(http://borgschulze.deviantart.com/)'Gravity'
(http://videos.observedtrials.net/Gravity.wmv) is -not- the
issue.
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 17th 07, 03:30 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
vivalargo

Frames look sensational. You might consider making a 24" version (use
the exact same design) for the muni crowd. They tend to be a little
older and can buy things like expensive frames.

JL

--
vivalargo
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 17th 07, 04:24 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skrobo

--
skrobo

Unicycle For Christ

'my video!' (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58465)
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 17th 07, 04:37 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
markf

i'd think about buying either frame. (current or theoretical 24")

--
markf

'my Des Moines Iowa Bike Shop' (http://www.irwinsbikes.com)
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 17th 07, 05:56 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Joe2005

No one is going to answer my question are they...Maybe I should just
kill myself now and get it over with.

--
Joe2005

nobody knows what happened to that boy after that.-Nutcracker

i know. he was kidnapped by aliens, learnt their ways, stole the
biggest ship he could, travelled back in time by mistake and crashed
the plane on the earth surface. he was the one who killed the
dinosaurs. -ivan
http://www.usenet.com
Old September 17th 07, 06:13 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Borgschulze

Joe2005 wrote:
No one is going to answer my question are they...Maybe I should just
kill myself now and get it over with.

Sponge hasn't replied to this since you asked that.

How is anyone supposed to know?

Old September 17th 07, 06:22 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

Borgschulze wrote:
Sponge hasn't replied to this since you asked that.

Oh yes he has. You must be blind.

From page 1

Joe2005 wrote:
Awesome frame looks just kick ass just one question was it vacuum welded
or just purged?

After that.

Sponge wrote:
Thank you for the positive comments so far,

I've been really bogged...

Sponge wrote:
Mmm, good point actually....
I'll talk to Dmitry about this, to see what's happened, as I said, no
big deal really.

Sponge wrote:
I like Profiles yes....

Sponge wrote:

If testing yields positive results then this will be how the frames
stay....

Sponge wrote:
Putting it through harsh testing would show if there's any problems with
the design....

Old September 17th 07, 06:56 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Sponge

Sorry I haven't replied to all of your questions, sometimes I miss one
or two. I'm seriously busy with work and everything else right now.

As for the purged/ vacuum welded question, I honestly can't tell you
right now, as I didn't weld them. I'm no expert on titanium welding
theory, but I could ask Dmitry how it was done.

As for the threads, I found out why they were done the 'wrong way
around'. Infact, Dmitry had to change that around on purpose. To be
honest, it's fine either way.

"We only had to put the thread on the top half of the bearing holders
due to the welds (there were no space for the bolt heads)."

As for testing, I already know exactly who is testing and using them.
So arguing about who should test them is really pointless. Skrobo,
however harsh you may be on parts, I already made my mind about who's
testing them a long time ago and I have no regrets. Simple pure
harshness on parts really doesn't impress me for testing, it needs to
be tested for other things as well like how convenient it is for
sidehops/knee bashing and gliding etc..

--
Sponge

MSN: feel free to add

*"Bikes are made to do trials, unis aren't."- Joe Hodges*

*"There is no reason to take skill level into account when making
friends with someone."- Brandon Hoerres*

http://www.usenet.com