Habanero Titanium Frames

Old November 28th 03, 05:01 PM
veloman

Default Habanero Titanium Frames

Any Habanero road frame riders have pics of their bike? I'm
considering a purchase. Thanks.
Old November 28th 03, 05:50 PM
S. Anderson

"veloman" wrote in message
om...
Any Habanero road frame riders have pics of their bike? I'm
considering a purchase. Thanks.

Nah, they suck. Ask Mark Hickey... ;-) I'm kidding..everyone on here that
has one has nothing but good words for them, AFAICR.

Cheers,

Scott..

Old November 28th 03, 11:24 PM
Bill

I bought one a little less than a year ago and love it. Mark Hickey was
very helpful and worked with me.
om...

Old November 28th 03, 11:44 PM
Jim Wilson

On 28 Nov 2003 09:01:33 -0800, (veloman) wrote:

Any Habanero road frame riders have pics of their bike? I'm
considering a purchase. Thanks.

http://www.habcycles.com/ has gobs of pictures. My road habby frame
is seven years old and looks just like the ones on the website
whenever I choose to wipe the dirt and whatever off it. Rumor has it
Mark changes decals on a whim, but you have to get close to see the
difference.
Old November 29th 03, 02:46 AM
David L. Johnson

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 12:50:47 +0000, S. Anderson wrote:

"veloman" wrote in message
om...
Any Habanero road frame riders have pics of their bike? I'm considering
a purchase.

I'll chime in here. No pics, but Mark has plenty on his site and the
frame I*have looks just like the one on his site. The real deal is
involved with:

1) Fit (your problem, frankly. Mark will custom build, but you have to
give him the size. Fortunately, I take a standard 56cm).

2) Detailing: Welds are very nice, better than I see on some frames
costing many times as much. Frame prep is perfect. This is the first
frame I have had where the bottom bracket just fit perfectly, and the
headset as well. Alignment was perfect.

3) Finish: Well, that's why you want titanium. No stinking paint
required. Decals are kinda delicate. Big deal.

4) Durability: Mine's only a year and a half old, so I can't tell yet if it
will last, but all signs are good.

5) Geometry, stiffness, and all that: You can specify the geometry if you
want custom, but the standard works great. Nice and stiff, with those big
ol' chain stays. Not as light as the fancier frames, but is half a pound
worth that much? Your choice.

--

David L. Johnson

__o | Arguing with an engineer is like mud wrestling with a pig... You
_`\(,_ | soon find out the pig likes it!
(_)/ (_) |

Old November 29th 03, 08:14 AM
Kovie

Can't vouch for the ride, as I'm still finishing up the assembly of my
Habanero road bike (mostly Campy Centaur triple components). But if Mark's
support is any indication, this bike will ride like a dream. He has been
nothing short of amazing in responding to my multiple and often very
detailed emails about what frame size and geometry to get, what components
to put on it, how to assemble it, dealing with various problems, and so on.
Any questions I've asked, got answered, usually within a day, and often much
sooner. It's obvious that he wants his customers to be happy with their
frames. As for pix, I haven't seen much more than what's available on
Habanero's site, but these pix pretty much cover every angle. It's a
nice-looking frame, in my opinion. Very solid-looking and feeling. Can't
wait to ride mine. Good luck!

--
Kovie
zen

om...

Old November 29th 03, 02:52 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

david- 1) Fit (your problem, frankly. Mark will custom build, but you have
give him the size. Fortunately, I take a standard 56cm). BRBR

It's winter so I'll nit pick here-what is a 'standard' size 56? I can get four
or five frameset sized '56' and they will all have different seat tube angles
and top tube lengths, all with '56cm' seat tubes...

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com
Old November 29th 03, 04:23 PM
Tim McTeague

"Qui si parla Campagnolo" wrote in message
david- 1) Fit (your problem, frankly. Mark will custom build, but you

have
give him the size. Fortunately, I take a standard 56cm). BRBR

It's winter so I'll nit pick here-what is a 'standard' size 56? I can get

four
or five frameset sized '56' and they will all have different seat tube

angles
and top tube lengths, all with '56cm' seat tubes...

Yeah, that occured to me as well. Maybe custom '56 cm' frames have special
'cm' in them.

Tim McTeague

Old November 29th 03, 10:22 PM
A Muzi

veloman wrote:

Any Habanero road frame riders have pics of their bike? I'm
considering a purchase. Thanks.

Here's a recent build:
http://www.yellowjersey.org/photosfromthepast/HAB'CENT.JPG

and a weld closeup from a Hab mountain bike:
http://www.yellowjersey.org/photosfromthepast/HABTI.JPG

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

Old November 29th 03, 11:01 PM
Rick Onanian

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 16:22:12 -0600, A Muzi
wrote:
Here's a recent build:
http://www.yellowjersey.org/photosfromthepast/HAB'CENT.JPG

That sure is pretty. When I get $695 for frame buying purposes, I
know who I'm emailing.

The pedals are camouflage, maybe?

I won't be able to buy a 1998 Hab, though; see the tagline at
http://groups.google.com/groups?&sel...i.net&rnu m=1
--
Rick Onanian