Damaged shoes?

Old April 15th 05, 09:43 PM
UNIquelyCanadian

Default Damaged shoes?

Or "Post a Photo of your Sole"

I have read that certain types of pedals wear out shoes faster then
others, and that gliding is also really hard on them.

Post your damaged shoe photos with a brief description of how long you
have been unicycling in them and what you do.

I’m also interested in seeing where you place you foot on the pedal.

I’ve used mine for unicycling for 4 months (averaging around 30 minutes
per day) with a pair of Snafu pedals. The silver glint is where the hard
plastic inner of the shoe has worn off some of the pedals metal, the
ruffed up aerated part is where the pedal’s pins have torn through the
sole into the soft part of the innards.

| Attachment filename: im008036.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/299784|

UNIquelyCanadian - 8~)[==)--O

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive
idiots.
UNIquelyCanadian's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7524

Old April 17th 05, 05:52 AM
The Yang

Actually I unicycle in my bare feet, gives me a better feel for the
unicycle when I'm going offroad. Naw, I pretty much wore out the sole of
one shoe before I got a pair of Vans skater shoes. I'd show ya, but not
all of us have picture taking capabilities.

--
The Yang - Unicyclist with Balls

"I just rolled over my testicle" Tony J

The Yang's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9517

Old April 17th 05, 03:42 PM
chosen

yea- i dont have a picture- but i wear like the new school converse and
gliding makes the bottoms really smooth. nothing that bad, just after a
while its harder to grip the tire when doing it.

--
chosen - For The Cause

formerly allthingsuni

http://www.bboy.org/gallery/showphot...t=500 &page=1
chosen's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9281

Old April 17th 05, 05:06 PM
redwelly

Nice thread - I just went and took a pic of my old trainers epsecially.
This is what those infamously spiky Onza pedals do to skate-style shoes
with about 6 months of daily riding. The flat parts are also from
extensive walking about in them.

[image: http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albums...hoe.sized.jpg]

They're still the best for riding in though, as the flatness means that
you can stick your foot on a pedal and it's happy right where it lands,
rather than having knobbly grip on your shoes and have to twitch it
around to get comfy when you mount, finding the right knobble for it to
sit in.

Sam

--
redwelly - on top of the world
redwelly's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4518

Old April 17th 05, 10:51 PM
caw89

I wish i took a picture before i threw em away, I hada pair with a hole
all the way to my socks from learnin to glide.

--
caw89 - Cody

http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Codys-Gallery
New stuff: Rock Jumpin